Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for employment at PSE
Find answers below to your questions about applying for employment at Puget Sound Energy.
Show more "Getting Started" answers»
- Why should I create a profile?
- A profile is an online resume you can use to apply for opportunities at Puget Sound Energy. Keep your profile up to date with work experience, education and contact information. Save time and stay organized with these automated features:
- Search PSE job postings.
- Set up automated searches to run periodically and send you alerts.
- Track the status of your PSE job applications.
[Hide getting started questions]
- How do I set up my username/password?
- Your username and password are set when you register. If you forget your password when you access the log in page, you can select "password forgotten," and enter either your user name or email address to request a new password.
- How do I apply for a position?
- Search open job postings using keywords, PSE campus location, and other criteria.
- Open the linked job postings returned in your search results to learn about the positions.
- Use the "Apply" button to open the Application Wizard. You can find the Apply button on the search results page or on the individual job posting. The Application Wizard will take you through the steps to apply for the job you selected from the search results.
- Can I apply for more than one job at the same time?
- Yes. We encourage you to review our many opportunities to find those that are the best fit with your qualifications.
- Can I submit my resume without applying for a specific job?
- No. You will need to apply separately to all of the positions that interest you. However, you can set up a profile and attach your resume at any time so that it will be available when you apply for jobs.
- How do I know if my online application was received?
- After you submit your application, a message will display on the web page that says "Thank you for applying for one of our job postings. We are checking the information in your application and will be in touch with you soon." You will also receive an email confirming we have we have received your application, typically the same day.
- How do I find out about the status of my application?
- Log in to your candidate profile. Under the "Find Job and Apply" tab, select the "My Applications" link. All of the positions for which you have submitted applications will be listed, with links to the job postings. Refer to the "Status" column for information about individual applications.
- Can I apply for a position that is no longer posted or past the application deadline date?
- No. Once a posting closes, you will not be able to view it online, nor will you be able to apply for it.
- How do I create a job alert or save a search query?
- Log in to your candidate profile. Under the “Find Job and Apply” tab, search for job postings matching your interests. After entering your search criteria:
- Select the “Save as Job Alert” button to have search results emailed to you daily, weekly or monthly.
- Select the “Save Search Query” button to run the same search again in the future from the Search Query dropdown menu.
- Can I contact the hiring manager or recruiter directly?
- We ask that all candidates use our online application tool so applications are available in our database and can be routed to the hiring authorities quickly and efficiently. Once your application is received, we will review your application and be in touch with you if the hiring manager or recruiter have any questions about your background or experience.
Show more "Technical Questions" answers »
- Why can't I access the job postings?
- For a smooth online job application experience:
- Use a supported web browser. Most recent browsers are supported; for a complete list please visit our Browser Support page.
- Turn off any popup blocking in your web browser.
- Make sure that you have Adobe Reader 10.1.3 or higher installed for reading job descriptions in PDF document format, or if you get an empty, gray screen when completing your profile or application.
[Hide technical questions]
- What if I forget/lose my password?
- A new password can be sent to the email address you provided in your profile. You can request a new password by clicking on the "Password Forgotten" link on the login page.
- I've locked myself out. What can I do?
- Your account will lock after several failed login attempts. You can unlock your username by resetting your password: Start by clicking the "Password Forgotten" link on the login menu.
- What happens if I am called away from my computer before finishing my profile/application?
- For security reasons, your session will time out after 30 minutes of idle time. Please save your changes frequently.
- How do I log out?
- If you're using this service on a shared computer in a public area (i.e., public kiosk or library), before leaving the computer, it is important that you fully log out of the application. Select the Log Out button in the upper right corner of your page, and close your browser. This will ensure that no one else can access any personal information you may have entered.
- Why can't I review the information I entered?
- As the last step of entering your profile information or when submitting an application, you have the opportunity to review the content of your profile. It is displayed as a PDF document via the Adobe Reader. If it does not display after a few seconds, but rather an empty, gray screen displays:
- Make sure that you have Adobe Reader 10.1.3 or higher installed.
- Navigate back to a previous screen then forward again to reload the page.
- Who do I contact if I'm having technical difficulties using the site?
- If your question is not answered on this page, contact us at email@example.com
Show more "Privacy" answers»
- Will my privacy be protected when I submit my application?
- PSE is committed to protecting personal information that is provided to us. When you submit your application, your personal information will be used for the specific purpose of recruitment and hiring.
[Hide privacy questions]
- Logging out
- If you're using this service on a shared computer in a public area (i.e. public kiosk or library), before leaving the computer, it is important that you fully log out of the application. Select the "Log Out" button in the upper right corner of your page, and close your browser. This will ensure that no one else can access any personal information you may have entered.
- Who can access my information?
- If you have applied for a specific posting, the hiring manager who is responsible for that posting will have access to your data relevant to that particular posting. He or she may share that data with others (i.e., hiring panel/team) in order to make an informed hiring decision. PSE recruiters can also access your data.
- PSE’s terms of application and data privacy
Visit the Adobe website to get the latest version of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Download a free reader now.