Fast Facts About Lewis County and PSE
We've been a part of Lewis County for over 100 years.
- Centralia and Chehalis were the first communities in the Puget Sound region to receive natural gas service.
- Our Jackson Prairie Underground Gas Storage Facility is the largest of its kind in the Northwest. It is capable of delivering 1.15 billion cubic feet of gas per day – enough to heat 1.2 million households on a cold winter day.
- Currently the total storage capacity is 46 billion cubic feet. After the current expansion project is complete in 2012, it will be able to store nearly 48 billion cubic feet.
- The property taxes we pay in Lewis County provide significant revenues for schools, county roads and other services.
- We're working with the Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis to maximize the reach of federal stimulus grant funds the confederation is receiving for energy-efficiency measures.
- 22 residential customers in Lewis County took advantage of more than $5,300 in energy-efficiency grants and rebates which annually saves about 1,700 therms of natural gas.
- Lewis county residential and commercial customers prevented more than 40,000 pounds of carbon dioxide from being released into the environment in 2008 by taking advantage of PSE's energy-efficiency programs.
PSE profile in Lewis County