Skagit County and PSE, an energetic duo
Skagit County has a proud past and a promising future, and we're proud to be a part of it.
- In 2009, more than 200 Skagit County businesses saved more than 7 million kilowatt-hours of energy by taking advantage of our commercial grants for energy efficiency upgrades.
- More than 1,700 of you and your neighbors participated in our Rock the Bulb events in Anacortes and Mount Vernon, exchanging 16,367 incandescent bulbs for high-efficiency CFL bulbs.
- Our Skagit County Service Center, which was built in 2008 is 50 percent more energy efficient than the national standard for this type of building
- In 2010 we bought two 54-megawatt, natural gas-fired electric generators in Fredonia. They play a vital role when customer demand spikes, increasing service reliability during daily or seasonal peaks in power usage.
- From October 2009 through July 2010, customers in Skagit County who needed help paying their energy bills received more than $900,000 in federal and PSE-funded grants through the Skagit County Community Action Agency.
- Our biomass dairy digester in Mount Vernon generates electric power from manure collected from Skagit County farms — it provides renewable energy to our Green Power Program.
PSE profile in Skagit County