Whatcom County and PSE, an energetic duo
- Bellingham is one of the top cities in the nation for green power.
- We helped fund solar-power projects at Bellingham's Environmental Learning Center and at Western Washington University.
- We are working with Whatcom County, the City of Bellingham, and the Lummi and Nooksack tribes to maximize the amount and reach of federal stimulus funds they receive for energy-efficiency measures.
- We partnered with the City of Bellingham on the Sprayhead Replacement Program, which in two years saved more than 570,000 kWh of electricity, 165,000 therms of natural gas and 18.6 million gallons of water.
- To empower 6th – 8th grade students with the knowledge that their everyday choices impact the environment, we provided Powerful Choices for the Environment, a science-based educational program to 10 middle schools in Whatcom County.
PSE profile in Whatcom County