Safety » Natural gas safety » Blocked sewer & septic lines » Sewer clearing safety tips for professionals
Sewer clearing safety tips for professionals
When a customer calls
- Always call PSE at 1-888-225-5773 45-60 minutes before arriving on site. We will promptly meet you at your work site to locate and mark our natural gas pipeline free of charge.
- Use an in-line video inspection device to determine the source of the obstruction, if possible.
- Never use a drain rooter to clear a line until the obstruction has been identified.
- If possible, clear the sewer line from a cleanout located outside the structure.
- If you find a cross bore, call PSE at 1-888-225-5773.
Suspect a gas leak?
Leave the area immediately and call PSE or 911. Do not use phones near the leak.
If you have questions about PSE's cross bore safety program, please email SewerSafety@PSE.com.