Charging ahead with electric vehicles
Get a $500 rebate on qualified Level 2 EV chargers
It's easier than ever to own and operate an electric vehicle (EV), major automakers are offering these vehicles which have all of the comforts and performance of gasoline-powered cars. New EVs have a driving range that meets daily needs, reasonable charging times and can be charged easily at home or at public stations.
Electric vehicle charger rebate
Limited time offer: Get a $500 rebate on qualified Level 2 EV chargers.
PSE is providing a $500 rebate to the first 5,000 qualified PSE residential electric customers who purchase and install a qualifying EV charger.
- PSE residential schedule 7 customer and:
- Registered owner of a new highway capable EV after 5/1/14.
- Purchase and install a qualified EV charger within one year of vehicle registration.
- The EV charger must be behind the existing PSE meter that provides the customer's residential electric service, which must be the principal charging location for the customer-owned EV.
- The charger must meet appropriate codes and standards. (UL, NEC, SAE-J1772)
- The charger must be compatible with the EV purchased.
- Customer agrees to be contacted by PSE for the purposes of load and program studies.
- By 11/1/16* submit your rebate application online or via mail to: PSE EV charger rebate, Offer# H345701, PO Box 540062, EL Paso, TX 88554-0062.
*PSE's EV charger rebate program could end before Nov. 1, 2016 depending on available funds. This limited time offer is on a first come, first serve basis for the first 5,000 qualifying customers who apply.
- Eligible Level 2 EV chargers
The following list includes the most common currently qualified Level 2 chargers. If your charger is not listed below and you'd like to see if it qualifies, please contact an Energy Advisor or call 1‑800‑562‑1482.
- AeroVironment EVSE-RS
- AeroVironment TurboCord 240
- Blink HQ 100
- Bosch Power Max
- BMW Wallbox
- ChargePoint CT2000 Series
- ChargePoint CT2100 Series
- ChargePoint CT500
- ChargePoint Home 12
- ChargePoint Home 25
- ClipperCreek CS Series
- ClipperCreek HCS Series
- ClipperCreek LCS Series
- Delta AC Charging Station
- Delta EV AC Charger Pedestal Mount
- Eaton RLC EVSE
- Evatran Level 2 EVSE
- EV-Charge America EV2100
- EV-Charge America EV2200 Series
- EV Power Pro 7.2
- GE DuraStation
- GE WattStation
- GM Voltec EVSE
- GoSmart ChargeSpot RF
- Legrand Level 2
- Leviton Evr-Green 160
- Leviton Evr-Green 300
- Leviton Evr-Green 320
- Nissan Level 2 Charger
- OpConnect Mk. 2
- Porsche Universal Charger
- Schneider Electric EVlink Outdoor
- Schneider Electric Square D Indoor
- Siemens Smart Grid EVSE
- Siemens VersiCharge
- SPX Power Xpress
- Tesla Mobil Connector
- Tesla Wall Connector
- Rate schedule
Customer feedback: Hear from PSE customers who have already received their $500 EV charger rebate.
Electric vehicles are affordable and lower emissions
Electric vehicles offer both lower prices and lower emissions than gasoline or diesel vehicles. For more on available electric vehicles, fuel cost calculators and emission savings at afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity.html.
Charging ahead at home and on the go
In addition to PSE's electric vehicle home charger rebate program, public charging stations are available throughout the region. Visit afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/ for a map of public charging stations.
For more information
Contact an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 to find out how PSE can help with more information about alternative fuel vehicles.