Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Building Tune-Ups »
Comprehensive Building Tune-Up Program
(formerly Building Energy Optimization Program)
- Incentives for the existing building commissioning process
- Investments with less than a two year payback
Changes in occupancy and use can challenge the original operation of building systems. System settings and changes made to address small problems and comfort issues can create inefficiencies that impact your energy bill.
Building owners and managers can take advantage of PSE’s Comprehensive Building Tune-Up program which offers funding to evaluate the operation of existing building systems and identify cost-effective energy-efficiency recommendations. Using the existing building commissioning process, this program helps you make your existing buildings more energy efficient without any major capital expense.
Links to program information and forms:
How it works
There are 9 phases in the program with Pre-Screen and Assessment cost covered up to 100%::
- Pre-Screen – PSE determines if commissioning (CX) and program fit your building
- Assessment – CX Provider does building walk-through and simple analysis to see if significant low-cost operational savings are likely
- Investigation – CX Provider physically inspects and tests operational efficiency
- Recommendations – CX Provider supplies list and analysis of operational improvements
- Implementation – Owner makes recommended improvements with 2 years or less payback
- Verification – CX Provider tests to make sure improvements are working
- Systems Manual & Training – O&M staff participate for up to 50 hours and receive training, a systems manual and energy tracking methods to help maintain savings
- Incentive – get paid for most of CX Provider’s costs!
- Performance Incentives – get bonus, up to 100% of the remaining CX Provider’s costs, if improvements are still in place and 1st year savings targets are met
How it benefits
7-20% lower energy use with improvements
2 years or less return on investment
Increases occupant comfort
Improves ENERGY STAR® Rating
Better understanding of your building systems
Get tools and training to help keep your building operating efficiently
On-site review by commissioning and energy experts
Up to 100% of Commissioning Provider’s costs covered
PSE-approved Commissioning Providers
How to participate
For non-residential buildings over 3 years old with 50,000 square feet or greater, submit an application today to have a PSE Engineer determine whether your building is a good candidate. Contact a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 or look on PSE.com/Tune-Ups.