Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
High-efficiency Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate
Puget Sound Energy offers a $75 rebate for the purchase of high-efficiency commercial clothes washers to customers that heat their water with PSE supplied electricity or natural gas. Eligible commercial washers meet stringent Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) specifications.
Most of these full-sized washers use 18 to 25 gallons of water per load, compared to the 40 gallons used by standard machines. They also extract more moisture from clothes during the spin cycle, thus reducing drying time (and wear and tear on the clothing).
The CEE develops national initiatives to promote the manufacture and purchase of energy-efficient products and services. Products that meet CEE specifications help customers save energy and money without sacrificing performance.
Water utilities in the region also offer rebates for switching to clothes washers that use less water. Below are some that offer rebates for the installation of efficient commercial clothes washers. If you are supplied water from another provider, be sure to check with them regarding additional rebates you may be eligible for by purchasing high-efficiency clothes washers.
- Seattle and King County water districts affiliated with the Saving Water Partnership
- Cascade Water Alliance (King County) 425-453-1810
- LOTT Alliance (Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater, Thurston County)
Qualifying PSE commercial customers need to use either PSE electricity or natural gas for water heating at the site where qualified high-efficiency, commercial clothes washers were installed.
How to participate
Step 1. Purchase and install qualifying equipment
- Customer must use either PSE electricity or natural gas for water heating at the site where qualified high-efficiency, commercial clothes washers were installed.
- For the list of qualifying models go to the CEE website.
Step 2. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form, including your PSE account number, and signature
- Sign material receipts or contractor invoices to indicate your approval and acceptance of the installation, or material purchases if your in-house project was not billed for labor. Please circle rebate-eligible items, and item quantities
- Make a copy for your records
- Mail or fax your rebate application to PSE, along with signed and dated invoices/receipts
- Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets
Step 3. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Assignment of funds form (if contractor is the payee).
- Signature Page: This signature page is located on the second tab of the Application workbook. Please hand write the signature (no typed signatures will be accepted).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Email the Excel version of the application and pdf versions of the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSE will process your application in the order in which it is received.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.