Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
High-efficiency Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate
Puget Sound Energy offers a $75 rebate for the purchase of high-efficiency commercial clothes washers to customers that heat their water with PSE supplied electricity or natural gas. Eligible commercial washers must be Energy Star® qualified.
Most of these full-sized washers use 18 to 25 gallons of water per load, compared to the 40 gallons used by standard machines. They also extract more moisture from clothes during the spin cycle, thus reducing drying time (and wear and tear on the clothing).
Water utilities in the region also offer rebates for switching to clothes washers that use less water. Below are some that offer rebates for the installation of efficient commercial clothes washers. If you are supplied water from another provider, be sure to check with them regarding additional rebates you may be eligible for by purchasing high-efficiency clothes washers.
Qualifying PSE commercial customers need to use either PSE electricity or natural gas for water heating at the site where qualified high-efficiency, commercial clothes washers were installed.
How to participate
Step 1. Purchase and install qualifying equipment
- Customer must use both PSE electricity and natural gas at the site where qualified commercial clothes washers are installed.
- Energy Star qualifying models can be found here.
Step 2. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form including your PSE account number and signature.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Complete and sign a Tax Identification Form (W9).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Mail, fax, or scan and email your rebate application to PSE, along with the required supporting documentation.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.