Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Occupancy Sensor and Lighting Timer Rebates
Utilizing lighting controls can help cut your energy consumption, extend the life of your lamps, and reduce maintenance costs. Puget Sound Energy will provide a rebate of up to $80 for each control installed in your facility.
Occupancy sensors and timers help you save energy by making sure lights are turned off when not needed. Private offices, rest rooms, and conference rooms may be empty for more than 50 percent of your operating hours. Rebates are:
- $40 for each occupancy sensor or timer controlling 100-200 watts of lighting
- $80 for each occupancy sensor or timer controlling over 200 watts of lighting
The Lighting Design Lab in Seattle has guidelines to help you get the most out of your investment in lighting controls, and choose the best equipment for your needs. Click here to download the lighting control rebate program brochure.
To receive the PSE lighting controls rebate, applicants must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where controls are installed.
How to participate
Step 1. Check to see if your project is eligible
PSE customers in the electric service area on any commercial rate schedule are eligible for lighting controls rebates. If you have a question about whether your organization qualifies, please call a PSE energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482.
No pre-approval is needed. However, we ask that you make sure that the product you are using qualifies. Please note that lighting controls on heat lamps are not eligible for this rebate.
Step 2. Complete the project
Step 3. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form.
- Complete a W9 form.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Assignment of funds form (if contractor is the payee).
- Signature Page: This signature page is located on the second tab of the Application workbook. Please hand write the signature (no typed signatures will be accepted).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Email the Excel version of the application and pdf versions of the supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSE will process your application in the order in which it is received.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.