Savings & Energy Center » For Businesses » Commercial Rebates and Grants »
Re-Energize Your Lighting with Reduced-Wattage T8 Lamps for the Whole Building
Even if you have already installed T8 lighting, you can still reduce your energy costs by installing reduced wattage T8 lamps in your building. These 25- or 28-watt T8 lamps are an energy-saving option to traditional 32-watt T8 lamps.
PSE offers a one-time only rebate of $1 for each reduced-wattage, 25- or 28-watt, T8 lamp installed in place of existing 32-watt T8 lamps, when you re-lamp the entire building or an entire floor of a building.
No pre-approval is required for this rebate. Customers must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where the reduced-wattage T8 lamps will be installed.
This program is best suited to customers who have already installed T8 lamps but want to do more to manage their energy use and decrease their utility bills. However, using reduced-wattage T8 lamps may not be the best solution for every situation.
- Reduced-wattage lamps may reduce light output. The 28-watt lamp light output is virtually the same as the 32-watt T8 lamp and the 25-watt lamp will reduce light output by a little over 5%. If you believe that a space is already dimly lit, please consider other options.
- Reduced-wattage lamps are not designed to run in ambient temperatures below 60 degrees and manufacturers will not guarantee lamp life in cooler temperature environments. Please consider other options for your cold temperature applications.
How to participate
Step 1. Determine your eligibility
- For a list of qualifying reduced-wattage lamps see the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE). Only lamps listed on the CEE website under “Reduced-wattage qualifying lamps, ballast” will be rebated.
- To qualify, you must re-lamp all T8 lighting in the building or on an entire floor of the building. Projects are subject to verification for completeness.
- This is a one-time only rebate. Projects are subject to screening for prior PSE program involvement.
- You must purchase electricity from PSE at the site where the reduced-wattage T8 lamps will be installed.
Step 2. Replace the 32-watt T8 lamps with reduced-wattage T8 lamps
Step 3. Submit your application for payment
- Complete the application form.
- Complete a W9 form.
- Prepare supporting documentation.
- Itemized Invoice: Invoices must include make and model number(s), total units per project, and price breakdown. They must have "Invoice" clearly visible with an invoice number and date.
- Assignment of funds form (if contractor is the payee).
- Signature Page: This signature page is located on the second tab of the Application workbook. Please hand write the signature (no typed signatures will be accepted).
- Make a copy for your records.
- Email the Excel version of the application and pdf versions of the supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- PSE will process your application in the order in which it is received.
Funding availability is subject to annual program budgets. PSE reserves the right to inspect installations for compliance prior to payment.
For details call a PSE Energy Advisor
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-562-1482.