Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Heating Rebates & Offers »
Electric Heating Systems: Ductless Heat Pump Rebate
Get a $1,200 rebate from PSE to go ductless with a qualifying ductless heat pump system.
What is a ductless heat pump system?
A ductless heat pump is a highly efficient heating and cooling system.
It is easily installed as a heat source for electrically heated homes.
Other benefits include:
- Ductless heat pumps use 25 to 50 percent less energy to heat your home
- Comfort. An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air throughout the room(s), eliminating hot and cold spots
- Low-cost, easy installation. Installation is quick, simple and inexpensive, which means little or no disruption to your home
- Air conditioning. Systems come standard with air conditioning so you can get rid of those window units
- Must be AHRI certified as mini-split heat pump, use inverter technology and be a minimum of 1.0 ton in heating mode
- Must use electric resistance heat as primary source which includes electric zonal (baseboard, cable, wall heater), electric hydronic or electric forced-air-furnace
- Must install at least one unit in the main living are of the home
- Customers with existing heat pump or natural gas service, even if only used for cooking, are not eligible
- Customers who do not qualify for this rebate may qualify for the air-source heat pump rebate if equipment meets qualifications
► Apply for this rebate
Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for more information about energy-efficient heating systems or for help filling out a rebate application.
Find a contractor
To create your own referral for qualified contractors, visit PSE.com/CAN.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, make sure to include the UPC sticker (typically found inside the box and includes equipment item number and model number) with your rebate application materials.
Available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.
Converting to natural gas
When available, PSE recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating. You may be eligible for conversion rebates.