Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Heating Rebates & Offers »
Electric Heating Systems:
Forced-air Furnace to Air-source Heat Pump Conversion Rebate
Get a $1,500 rebate from PSE when you replace your electric forced-air furnace with a qualifying air-source heat pump.
- Pre-approval required. Must submit additional form to PSE and receive
pre-approval prior to installation. Download the pre-approval application
- Must have an existing electric forced-air furnace and upgrade to an AHRI performance certified air-source heat pump with a 8.5 HSPF and 14 SEER or higher
- Cannot have an existing heat pump, including a ductless heat pump, or a gas furnace or gas boiler. Electric zonal customers are not eligible
- Auxiliary heating sources do not qualify for an additional rebate
- Rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation
For a full list of qualifications or to apply, download a rebate application.
Please remember, PSE pre-approval is required.
Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
for more information about energy-efficient heating systems or for help filling out a rebate application.
Note: If you are adding a heat pump to your home for the first time, call PSE's Customer Construction Services department at 1-888-321-7779 to check if the transformer and service to your home is sized properly to avoid adverse impact to power quality and to not create a voltage flicker for your home.
Find a contractor
To create your own referral for qualified contractors, visit PSE.com/CAN.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, make sure to include the UPC sticker (typically found inside the box and includes equipment item number and model number) with your rebate application materials.
Available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.
Converting to natural gas
When available, PSE recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating.
You may be eligible for conversion rebates.