Puget Sound Energy Wants to Upgrade Your Old Refrigerator for Free!
Older appliances use far more energy than new efficient models and could be racking up extra costs on your electric bill each year.
For a limited time we'll be rounding up old, inefficient refrigerators and replacing them with a limited number of ENERGY STAR® qualified models for free. You heard that right: FREE!
There is no cost for the new energy-saving refrigerators, their delivery or the removal and recycling of your old appliance. Start the process now by calling 1-877-341-2314 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
You'll receive a free ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator of similar cubic feet as your current model.* Your new, free refrigerator will be a basic, white, single-door, top-freezer ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator that uses less energy, runs more quietly and can lower electric bills. *15, 18, or 21 cu ft. models available only.
You must own the old appliance and be a PSE electric customer living in a single family home with four or less attached units.
For your old refrigerator to qualify for free replacement, it should be:
- 10-30 cubic feet
- Manufactured in 1992 or before
- In working/ cooling condition
- The primary food storage in the kitchen
- Plugged into a properly grounded (3-prong) outlet to ensure safety
- Owned by the resident or resident has received written landlord permission
- Check inside the door or on the back for a label with the year it was manufactured
- If your appliance labels don't have a date, note the brand, model number and serial number
- Try sites like Appliance411.com to search by model number
To schedule delivery of your FREE appliance replacement from PSE during the time frames listed above, call 1-877-341-2314 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
You'll want to have the following information ready when you speak to the operator:
- Your PSE account number
- If you rent, your landlord or property manager's contact info
- The age of your appliance
- The size of your refrigerator in cubit feet
Yes! Just make sure to book your appointment early while supplies last.
Yes! There are rebates available for new refrigerators and freezers. Visit PSE.com/Appliances for more information on how to participate.
Yes! Have your landlord, property manager or property owner call PSE's multifamily program hotline at 1-855-291-9574 to learn how to participate.
To learn more about all the energy efficiency rebates and programs PSE offers its residential electric customers, visit our rebate finder.