Savings & Energy Center » For Homes » Heating Rebates & Offers »
Electric Heating Systems:
Heat Pump Sizing and Lock-out Control Rebate
Get a $300 rebate from PSE for air-source heat pump sizing and lock-out control.
- Propane or natural gas furnaces installed as auxiliary heat are not eligible
- Customers with an existing air-source heat pump or installing a new air-source heat pump must provide PSE sizing documentation completed by a qualified contractor indicating system is properly sized for the home.
- Rebate only available on new qualifying equipment
- Newly installed air-source heat pump must be AHRI performance certified with an 8.5 HSPF/14 SEER or better
- Existing heat pumps do not need to meet efficiency requirements but cannot be more than 12 years old
- Heat pump lockout control must be set to 40 degrees F and heat pump must be sized at 30 degrees F
- Can be combined with air-source heat pump and forced-air-furnace to heat pump conversion rebates only
► Apply for this rebate
Please remember to submit sizing document from qualified contractor with rebate application.
Call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for more information about energy-efficient heating systems or for help filling out a rebate application.
Note: If you are adding a heat pump to your home for the first time, call PSE's Customer Construction Services department at 1-888-321-7779 to check if the transformer and service to your home is sized properly to avoid adverse impact to power quality and to not create a voltage flicker for your home.
Find a contractor
To create your own referral for qualified contractors, visit PSE.com/CAN.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, make sure to include the UPC sticker (typically found inside the box and includes equipment item number and model number) with your rebate application materials.
Available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.
Converting to natural gas
When available, PSE recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating. You may be eligible for conversion rebates.