Recycle Your Old Fridge or Freezer
Your old refrigerator or freezer could be costing you as much as $200 each year on your electric bill. Recycle your old fridge or freezer with PSE, we will pick it up, recycle it for free and give you a rebate. Units that are 20 years and older will receive a $50 rebate
and units less than 20 years old will receive a $25 rebate
. Click here to see if you qualify
Sign up now and get:
- Free pick up
- Free recycling
- Up to $50 PSE Visa Prepaid Card*
- Savings on your bill
Did you know?
Recycle Your Light Bulbs for Free
Don’t wait until your old incandescent bulbs burn out–switch today to CFL and LED bulbs. You’ll save up to $140 over the lifetime of the bulb–and change out your bulbs less often.
Recycle your CFL and incandescent bulbs for free at a PSE bulb recycling location and help keep them out of landfills.
CFL bulbs can also be recycled for free at retail locations like Bartell Drugs, Lowe’s, The Home Depot and McLendon Hardware. Click here to find recycling locations near you.
Bulb recycling facts
- Do not put used CFL bulbs in the garbage. CFL bulbs contain a very small amount of mercury and will harm the environment if they are disposed of in landfills in large numbers.
- When incandescent and CFL bulbs are recycled, they get broken down into component materials. The glass can be used to manufacture other glass products or as cement aggregate, while the metal is recycled as scrap. Recovered mercury is purified for reuse in industry or stored in properly permitted facilities.
- CFL bulbs contain a very small amount of mercury–less than 1/100th of the amount in a mercury thermometer. If a bulb breaks, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers detailed instructions for safe clean-up and disposal. Visit epa.gov/cfl/cflcleanup.html for current instructions.
- There are nearly 300 recycle boxes at select PSE offices, retail locations, city halls and other Western Washington locations. Sign up here to host a collection box at your location.
For more information about PSE’s bulb recycling program or to order additional boxes, email email@example.com or call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482.
Translated materials with additional information are available here: