Heat pump water heater rebate
For electric customers
Receive either a $500 or $800 rebate from PSE when you upgrade to a qualifying energy-efficient heat pump water heater.
Heat pump water heater facts
A heat pump water heater is a highly energy-efficient water heating system that uses energy to draw heat from the surrounding air and transfer it to an enclosed water tank. When compared to traditional water heaters, a heat pump water heater can operate with up to twice as much energy efficiency. Some heat pump water heaters also have economy, high-demand or sleep settings.
How to qualify
To be eligible for PSE's heat pump water heater rebate:
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- Your heat pump water heater must run on electricity and be NEEA Northern Climate Specification approved. Browse our list of qualified heat pump water heaters to see which models are eligible, and which product tier they fall into:
- Heat pumps water heaters that fall into Tier 1 are eligible for a rebate of $500.
- Heat pumps water heaters that fall into Tier 2 are eligible for a rebate of $800.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- Your heat pump water heater must be installed outside of your conditioned living space in an area such as a garage, attic or crawl space.
When available, PSE also recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating. If you're interested in converting to natural gas, you may qualify for an additional fuel conversion rebate.
How to apply
To apply for this rebate, complete this PDF form online and submit it to PSE in one of two ways:
- E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and mail it to the address shown at the bottom of the first page
If you have any questions, call a PSE Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Find a contractor
You can request a referral for a pre-screened contractor from PSE's Contractor Alliance Network (CAN). Members of this network are fully licensed, bonded and insured, as well as up-to-date with current energy codes and educated on the latest in energy-efficient technology.
If you plan to install the equipment on your own, be sure to include the UPC sticker with your rebate application materials. This is typically found inside the box and includes both an equipment item number and a model number.
Financing options are available for PSE residential energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or natural gas conversions.