Savings & Energy Center » Renewables » Net Metering »
Net Metering Eligibility and Guidelines
Eligible systems include solar PV, wind generators, fuel cells, small-scale hydro, and biomass. Net metered systems may be less than 1 kilowatt to 100 kilowatts. Eligible customers must receive electricity service from PSE.
Although it is tempting to install a renewable energy system yourself, there are significant potential electrical hazards associated with household electric circuits. Additionally, there is a significant amount of documentation and processes that only an experienced technician should attempt.
Enrolling in PSE's net metering program
- Obtain and complete the interconnection/ Electric Schedule 150 Attachment A agreement and mail the package to PSE. In order to be eligible for PSE's Renewable Energy Advantage Program (REAP), it is necessary to be under an interconnection agreement or be a PSE electric customer.
- Obtain all the necessary building permits from your municipal building department.
- Complete the installation of your solar, wind or digester system.
- Obtain final inspection and approval from the municipality prior to PSE installing the net and production meters. It is also recommended that the system is de-energized until PSE installs the net meter to avoid billing discrepancies.
- PSE will dispatch technicians to inspect the system and ensure it is safe for you, your neighbors and PSE electricians.
- PSE will install a new net meter and/or a production meter and mail the signed agreements to you. The one-time interconnection and REAP production meter installation fees will appear on your next PSE invoice.
Documents required for enrollment in PSE's net metering program: