In Your Community » PSE projects » System improvements »
Puget Sound Energy transmission line project
Sammamish – Juanita 115 kV transmission line
2017 project updates
- PSE is collecting field information to inform the environmental review process, project design, and future permit applications.
- Starting in March and extending into April, fieldwork crews hired by PSE will conduct an architectural survey along the proposed transmission line route.
- Field crews will not access private property; they will perform their assessment from the street or other public viewing point.
- In Kirkland, we have a route alignment along the rail corridor, 120th Avenue NE and NE 124th Street.
- In Redmond, we are working with the City to finalize the route alignment.
- If an easement is needed on your property, a PSE real estate representative will reach out to you soon.
- We anticipate beginning construction of the transmission line in 2018.
- View photo simulations of what the project could look like in Kirkland.
- View some typical 115 kV transmission lines and poles.
Customer power usage is straining the electric system serving Redmond and Kirkland, which reduces PSE's ability to reliably serve power to area residents and businesses. To increase electric system capacity and improve reliability for customers, PSE plans to construct approximately 4.5 miles of 115 kilovolt (kV) transmission line from the Sammamish substation to just south of the existing Juanita substation to interconnect with an existing transmission line that crosses over Northeast 124th Street.
For more information about the project, review our project fact sheet. To learn more about the community-involved siting process for the project, review the advisory group and open house meeting information listed in the column on the right.
Committed to keeping you informed
PSE will continue to provide updates to the community. We will notify residents and businesses near the project area when construction will occur. We aim to complete the work with as little disruption as possible.