Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for employment at PSE
Find answers below to your questions about applying for employment at Puget Sound Energy.
Why should I create a profile?
A profile is an online resume you can use to apply for opportunities at Puget Sound Energy. Keep your profile up to date with work experience, education and contact information. Save time and stay organized with these automated features:
- Search PSE job postings.
- Set up automated searches to run periodically and send you alerts.
- Track the status of your PSE job applications.
How do I set up my username/password?
- Your username and password are set when you register. If you forget your password when you access the sign in page, you can select "password forgotten," and enter either your username or email address to request a new password.
How do I apply for a position?
- Search open job postings using keywords, PSE campus location, and other criteria.
- Open the linked job postings returned in your search results to learn about the positions.
- Use the "Apply" button to open the Application Wizard. You can find the Apply button on the search results page or on the individual job posting. The Application Wizard will take you through the steps to apply for the job you selected from the search results.
Can I apply for more than one job at the same time?
Yes! You’re encouraged to review our many opportunities to find those that fit with your qualifications.
Can I submit my resume without applying for a specific job?
Sorry, we only accept resumes for posted positions. You will need to apply separately to each position that interests you, but once you set up a profile and attach your resume, you can apply for jobs quickly and easily any time.
How do I know if my online application was received?
After you submit your application, you’ll see a message on the web page that says "Thank you for applying for one of our job postings. We are checking the information in your application and will be in touch with you soon." We’ll also send you an email – typically the same day – confirming we have we have received your application.
How do I find out about the status of my application?
Sign in to your candidate profile. Under the "Find Job and Apply" tab, select the "My Applications" link. All of the positions for which you have submitted applications will be listed with links to the job postings. Refer to the "Status" column for information about individual applications.
Can I apply for a position that is no longer posted or past the application deadline date?
Sorry, once a posting closes, you will not be able to view it online or apply for it.
How do I save a search query or create a job alert?
Sign in to your candidate profile. Under the “Find Job and Apply” tab, search for job postings matching your interests. After entering your search criteria:
Save a search query
- Select the “Save Search Query” button to run the same search again in the future from the Search Query dropdown menu.
Create a job alert
- Select the “Save as Job Alert” button to have search results emailed to you daily, weekly or monthly.
- Type in keywords that a specific job would include (for example: SAP), then select Save as Job Alert.
- Give your Job Alert a name/subject, choose the frequency of alerts (weekly, daily or monthly) and make sure the “Active” box is checked:
- After you hit save, your Job Alert will appear as active:
Why can't I access the job postings?
For a smooth online job application experience:
- Use a supported web browser. Most recent browsers are supported; for a complete list please visit our Browser Support page.
- Turn off any popup blocking in your web browser.
- Make sure that you have Adobe Reader 10.1.3 or higher installed for reading job descriptions in PDF document format, or if you get an empty, gray screen when completing your profile or application.
What if I forget/lose my password?
A new password can be sent to the email address you provided in your profile. You can request a new password by clicking on the "Password Forgotten" link on the sign in page .
I've locked myself out. What can I do?
Your account will lock after several failed sign in attempts. You can unlock your username by resetting your password. Start by clicking the "Password Forgotten" link on the sign in menu.
What happens if I am called away from my computer before finishing my profile/application?
For security reasons, your session will time out after 30 minutes of idle time. Please save your changes frequently.
How do I sign out?
If you're using this service on a shared computer in a public area (e.g., public kiosk or library), before leaving the computer, it is important that you fully sign out of the application. Select the Sign Out button in the upper right corner of your page, then close your browser. This will ensure that no one else can access any personal information you may have entered.
Why can't I review the information I entered?
As the last step of entering your profile information or when submitting an application, you have the opportunity to review the content of your profile. It will be displayed as a PDF document via the Adobe Reader. If it does not display after a few seconds or all you see is an empty, gray screen:
- Make sure that you have Adobe Reader 10.1.3 or higher installed.
- Navigate back to a previous screen then forward again to reload the page.
Who do I contact if I'm having technical difficulties using the site?
If your question is not answered on this page, contact us at email@example.com
Will my privacy be protected when I submit my application?
PSE is committed to protecting personal information provided to us. When you submit your application, your personal information will be used only for recruitment and hiring.
If you're using this service on a shared computer in a public area (e.g. public kiosk or library), fully sign out of the application before leaving the computer. Select the "Sign Out" button in the upper right corner of your page, then close your browser. This will ensure that no one else can access any personal information you may have entered.
Who can access my information?
If you have applied for a specific posting, the hiring manager will have access to your data relevant to that particular posting. He or she may share that data with others (e.g., hiring panel/team) in order to make an informed hiring decision. PSE recruiters can also access your data.