We recently received approval from the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC) to transition our gas water heater rental service to Grand HVAC Leasing (GHL) on December 23, 2020 for continued operation. GHL is an industry leader in delivering heating, cooling and energy solutions to customers across North America. Information about GHL, the transition and your choices to continue service was mailed to your address in September.
Please visit our transition page for more information and to continue or end your rental service. We are here to help answer questions about the transition and make an informed decision.
Our Lease Services department supports customers who participate in our natural gas water heater rental service. We are committed in supporting our natural gas equipment lease customers with 24/7 emergency support, with ongoing repair and replacement services until the transition to Grand HVAC Leasing (GHL) on December 23, 2020. After that date, GHL will continue to provide service and support to meet your needs including emergency services.
We partner with Fast Water Heater Company to perform water heater replacements and removals. GHL will continue with this partnership after the transition.
If you have an after hours emergency which includes no heat or leaking water heaters, please contact our call center support team at 1-888-225-5773.
Support for leased equipment
- You must be a current PSE residential electric or PSE natural gas customer.
- Service or repair needed for your equipment (i.e. little or no hot water, code upgrades, etc.)
- Replacement of your water heater with a new model. If you need a replacement before the transition to GHL, we will replace your equipment and your service will transition to GHL on December 23, 2020. You should visit GHL to enroll immediately upon installation to accept their terms and conditions and set up your billing and payment preferences. You do have the option to terminate your service with PSE, but you will be responsible to pay the full value of the equipment and installation costs upon ending your service.
- Selling your home and requesting to end the lease.
- Inquire payoff balance and end lease
- The payoff balance depends on the depreciated value of the equipment at the time of request. By sending an email to LeaseServices@pse.com with your name, service address, leased equipment number, we will send you a letter with the remaining payoff value of the equipment and next steps to complete the process.
- Return-your water heater to PSE and end lease
- If you have had your current water heater for less than one year, you will be required to pay the full payoff balance of the equipment after removal
- Inquiring about billing and payment options
- View and pay a bill with our various payment options. You will need your Account number which should start with either 20xxxxxxx or 4000xxxx found on your billing statement.