Puget Sound Energy natural gas projects
Green Lake and Wallingford-area natural gas main replacement projects
In order to deliver safe and reliable energy to our Seattle customers, PSE recently upgraded the natural gas system in Wallingford and Green Lake. The work involved replacing the existing natural gas main, installed in 1979, with new, corrosion-resistant plastic pipe.
Wallingford-area natural gas upgrade project
- Gas work: Gas main installation along the entire route is now complete.
Road and sidewalk restoration:
- Our contractor crews from AA Asphalting, Inc. have completed temporary restoration along the project route.
- Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will be completing final road restoration activities on North 50th Street as part of their Green Lake and Wallingford Paving and Multi-Modal Improvements Project.
- AA Asphalting, Inc. will complete final road restoration as part of PSE’s natural gas work, on all other portions of the project route. We expect PSE’s final road restoration will begin in spring of 2020 and continue into summer.
- Refer to the map for detailed information and a project timeline.
Green Lake-area natural gas upgrade project
- Gas work:
- Gas main installation along the entire route is now complete.
Road and sidewalk restoration:
- Our crews are actively working on road restoration in the area. Please see the map for more details on restoration status and approximate scheduling.
Road Restoration schedule
- Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., although some night / weekend work may be needed.
- The restoration schedule is dependent upon weather, permitting and crew availability.
- We will continue to keep the local community updated as the projects continue.
- Reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll email you periodic construction updates.
Other projects in the area
We’ve been working proactively with the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) in planning the timing of our construction to begin shortly ahead of SDOT’s Green Lake and Wallingford Paving and Multi-Modal Improvements project.
This joint coordination is an effort to minimize impacts to the local community, while maximizing cost savings and avoiding rework by completing PSE’s work under the road prior to SDOT repaving the street. Learn more about SDOT’s project here: www.seattle.gov/transportation/greenlakepaving.htm
The Washington State Department of Transport (WSDOT) also has road improvement work in the general vicinity. Learn more about their work here: wsdot.wa.gov/projects/index/highway/sr-99
Download the information
Download these PDF files for more detailed information about the project.
- Project Map
- Greenlake-area project update—January 2019
- Wallingford-area project update—January 2019
- Wallingford-area project update—February 2019
- Greenlake-area project update—March 2019
- Wallingford-area project update—April 2019
- Greenlake-area project update—April 2019
- Wallingford-area night work—May 2019
- Greenlake-area project update—July 2019
- Wallingford-area work—July 2019
- Greenlake-area project update—October 2019
- Wallingford-area work—October 2019
- Greenlake-area project update—February 2020