Electric hybrid water heater discount
For PSE electric customers
Save $500 on qualifying electric hybrid water heaters (also referred to as electric hybrid heat pump water heaters) with an in-store instant discount at participating Lowe's and The Home Depot locations. Please review our list of participating stores and typical retail/discounted prices.
Simply request your discount at pse.com/coupon at home or on your smartphone at the store, and you will be issued a coupon to use at the register.
Save an additional $200 through PSE’s Efficiency Boost program. See if you qualify based on your income.
If you purchased your hybrid water heater from a non-participating store or online or if you believe you did not receive a discount, please contact an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 for more information. Please have your store receipt and/or contractor invoice ready when you call.
- An electric hybrid water heater uses 60% less energy by moving heat rather than generating it. Less energy means more savings on your bill.
- You have more control over your water heater with water temperature control and different operating modes, including a “vacation” mode for when you’re gone.
- They can help dehumidify damp spaces, such as your garage or basement where they are typically installed.
- Electric hybrid water heaters typically come with 10-year warranties, and have an average life span of 13 years.
- Visit hotwatersolutionsnw.org to learn more.
- Use this interactive decision tool to find out.
- Your new electric hybrid heat pump water heater should be located in a space with about 750 cubic feet. For example, in a basement with 7-foot ceilings, a water heater would need open floor space of roughly 10.5 by 10.5 feet around the unit.
- For the most efficient operation, the air temperature where the water heater is installed should average 40 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Because the heat pump exhausts cool air in the area where it is located, the water heater must be installed in a location that would isolate cool air or in a location that is ducted to the outside.
- Electric hybrid water heaters make about as much noise as an air conditioner. Consider this when making your purchase and placement decisions.
- Garages and unfinished (unconditioned) basements are ideal for hybrid water heaters.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.