Heat pump water heater rebate
For electric customers
Receive a $500 rebate from PSE when you purchase a qualifying energy-efficient heat pump water heater online or from a retail outlet.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- You must have an online PSE account to apply online.
- Your heat pump water heater must run on electricity.
- Your heat pump water heater must be NEEA Northern Climate Specification approved.
- Browse our list of qualified heat pump water heaters to see which models are eligible.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- This rebate is not available when installed in conjunction with a geothermal heat pump.
- This rebate is available for retail or online purchases only.
- This rebate is not available if purchased from a contractor participating in PSE’s Midstream Residential Water Heating program. See below for more information on purchases from Contractors.
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s).
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.
In an effort to increase the availability of high efficiency equipment to our customers, PSE is now working with manufacturers, distributors, and contractors to provide discounts on high efficiency heat pump water heaters. We recommend you speak with your contractor regarding how this discount might apply to your heat pump water heater project.
Heat pump water heater facts
A heat pump water heater is a highly energy-efficient water heating system that draws heat from the surrounding air and transfers it to an enclosed water tank. When compared to traditional water heaters, a heat pump water heater can be up to two times more efficient. Some heat pump water heaters also have economy, high-demand or sleep settings.