For commercial electric customers
Today's ductless heat pumps can reduce the amount of electricity you use to heat your business by approximately 50% compared to electric resistance heaters, resulting in significantly lower operating costs.
In addition to heating, ductless heat pumps also provide air conditioning, and they dehumidify better than standard central air conditioners, which lowers energy usage and boosts comfort during the summer.
What you get
Receive a rebate of $1,000 per ton of cooling capacity when you replace your current electric resistance heating with a qualified AHRI Certified® ductless heat pump.
How you qualify
- You must be a current PSE commercial electric customer.
- Your primary and current heating system must be electric resistance to qualify. This includes: baseboard, cable, wall heater, electric hydronic, and electric furnaces.
- Hotel and motel customers upgrading to packaged terminal ductless heat pumps (PTHP) are not eligible for this rebate. Please visit PSE's PTHP rebate page for more information.
- You must install an AHRI Certified ductless heat pump with a minimum HSPF of 8.2 or a minimum HSPF2 of 7.9.
- Must install to comply with all federal, state, and local code requirements.
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of equipment installation.
- Must include picture(s) of previous electric resistance heating system with application.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice and purchase receipt for your installed product(s). They must include: an installation date, brand, model number(s) of all rebated equipment (include the ductless heat pump, air handler and/or coil model number on the invoice), and amount paid.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- Must submit completed W-9 with packet.
- Rebate cannot exceed the pre-tax purchase price of any rebated product.
For help understanding the incentive and its requirements and to verify your qualifications, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How you apply
- Take pictures of your previous heating system.
- Make a copy of your equipment invoice.
- Fill out current W-9 form.
- Fill out the application.
- Email to email@example.com.
- Print and mail to the address listed under the signature line.
Ductless heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to electric-resistance heating and air conditioners for all climates. Like your refrigerator, ductless heat pumps use electricity to transfer heat from a cool space to a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. During the heating season, ductless heat pumps move heat from the cool outdoors into your warm business. During the cooling season, ductless heat pumps move heat from your business into the outdoors. Because they transfer heat rather than generate heat, ductless heat pumps can efficiently provide comfortable temperatures for your business.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor.
Or call 1-800-562-1482.
Ready to start your HVAC project?
Looking for deeper energy savings?
Check out our Business Energy Advisor tool with tips for your business type.
- Ductless heat pump rebates
- Congregational Buildings
- Grocery Stores
- Municipal Government Facilities
- Retail Buildings
- Small and Mid-size Offices
Need financing for capital improvements?
Several counties now offer C-PACER financing.
Find your county below to learn more.
After winning an energy makeover in 2021, James’ Place Child Development Center in Bellingham received, among other upgrades, brand-new ductless heat pumps throughout its facility. The upgrade allowed them to keep the children warm and save money on their energy bill. With the savings, owner Kathy Westover is able to buy much-needed teaching supplies.