Natural gas fuel conversion rebate
Switch to eco-friendly natural gas, get up to $3,550 back
If you're a current PSE residential electric customer and live within a natural gas service area, switching your space and water heating to affordable, reliable natural gas could earn you a rebate of up to $3,550.
What you get
The value of your natural gas fuel conversion rebate depends on your current type of space and/or water heating, your current heating equipment and your annual electricity usage:
|Current Heating Equipment
||Water Heat Only Conversion Rebate
||Space Heat Only Conversion Rebate
||Space and Water Heat Conversion Rebate|
|Electric forced-air space heat
||Up to $950
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $2,950|
|Electric baseboard space heat
||Up to $950
||Up to $2,600
||Up to $3,550|
If you're a PSE electric customer and convert an electric clothes dryer to a natural gas dryer, you may qualify for additional appliance gas conversion rebates.
To be eligible for PSE's natural gas fuel conversion rebate:
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- You must use electricity as the primary source of your home's space and/or water heating.
- You may switch from PSE electric to any natural gas provider.
- For conversions of either space heat only or both space and water heat, you must be pre-approved by PSE before purchasing or installing any equipment. Call an Energy Advisor for pre-approval at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Conversions for water heat only do not require pre-approval.
- You must install ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas space- and/or water-heating equipment. Fireplaces are not eligible for this rebate.
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- Your rebate amount is limited to 75 percent of your total equipment and installation costs.
- Your rebate may be subject to 12-month prior electric usage requirements, as determined by PSE.
- You do not qualify for a space heating conversion rebate if a heat pump is installed in conjunction with natural gas equipment, or if an existing heat pump remains on the premises.
To apply for PSE's natural gas fuel conversion rebate, be sure that you've already been pre-approved by calling an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 if it's required for your type of natural gas fuel conversion, as stated above (see "How to qualify").
Then, complete this fuel conversion application and either:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and mail it to the address shown at the bottom of the first page
The same form can be submitted for multiple rebates across all available categories, where applicable.
If you have any questions, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are switching to PSE natural gas service, you may also be eligible for PSE heating rebates on qualifying natural gas heating equipment:
Other natural gas providers may offer different equipment rebates than PSE.
PSE is committed to helping you save money and energy, but also to conserving our region's valuable natural resources. By converting electric heating equipment to natural gas, you can greatly lower your energy bills while helping PSE to offset the need for securing additional power supplies.
Check out our Choosing Natural Gas section to learn more about the benefits of fuel conversion.