Non-Hunting Recreation Access Permit
Terms and Conditions
I have received a copy of the WILD HORSE WIND FACILITY NON-HUNTING RECREATION ACCESS RULES ("Wild Horse Wind Facility Rules") governing non-hunting recreation access to the Wild Horse Wind Facility property and agree to abide by them. I understand that if I fail to abide by these rules, my recreation access privileges may be immediately terminated and I may be subject to further liability or prosecution. The term of this permit is eight (8) months, April 1 through November 30, 2023. If my name or address changes during the effective period of this agreement, I am required to re- register and sign a new Non-Hunting Recreation Access Permit to provide current information prior to entering the Wind Facility Property, other than for "through" access.
I understand that PSE, DNR, and WDFW assume no liability for my safety and personal property while I am on Wind Facility Property. I release and agree to hold PSE, DNR, and WDFW harmless in the event of bodily injury, death, personal property damage, theft, or other accident or mishap that may occur while I am on Wind Facility Property.
I understand that even if I am granted access to Wind Facility Property, if I trespass on any portion of Wind Facility Property specifically posted as closed or marked with a "No Access" sign, or, violate any of the Wild Horse Wind Facility Rules, then I may face revocation of my access privileges and possible enforcement action.
I understand that there is a wind power generating facility operated by PSE on the Wind Facility Property and that I will be responsible for any damage that I cause to the wind facilities (whether or not such damage is intentional), including, but not limited to wind turbines, solar facilities, overhead power lines, splice boxes, j-boxes, maintenance vehicles, signs, maintenance facilities or substation, or injuries, death or damage to any persons thereon.
Non-Hunting Recreation Access Rules
Violation of these rules will result in loss of all access privileges and possible enforcement action.
- Access is allowed from April 1 to November 30, seven days per week from 2 hours before sunrise to 2 hours after sunset. Gate sensors allow exit from site 24 hours a day.
- No access allowed from December 1 to March 31 or during other posted closure periods.
- Access may be restricted at any time due to emergencies or operational issues.
- No access of any kind within 300 feet (100 yards) of the wind turbines, met towers, or microwave facilities.
- Your recreation access permit must be clearly displayed on vehicle dash and visible from outside of vehicle while accessing the facility for all non-hunting recreational activities.
- Motorized vehicle traffic is permitted only on Beacon Ridge Road. Driving on other wind turbine access roads is not allowed.
- Maximum speed limit is 25 mph unless otherwise posted. Wind maintenance service trucks, cranes, and heavy equipment have right-of-way.
- No off-road driving permitted. Off-road vehicles (ORVs) or all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are allowed on Beacon Ridge Road only.
- Parking allowed only along Beacon Ridge Road and in designated parking areas as shown on the Recreation Access Map. Do not block access to gates, junction boxes, or any entrances. No parking on vegetation.
- No camping or overnight parking.
- No target shooting.
- No fires, open flames, fireworks or any other items or activities that may cause fires. Smoking is not allowed outside of vehicle.
- No launching of balloons, aerial vehicles, drones or kites.
- No commercial photography.
- No consumption of alcohol, marijuana or any illegal drugs.
To help assure continued access to these lands, please report any violations of these rules call (509) 964-7815 or (509) 964-7813.
To report poaching in progress, public endangerment, or in the event of an emergency call 911.