Advanced duct sealing rebate
What is advanced duct sealing?
Advanced duct sealing is a non-toxic, non-invasive method of coating the inside of your home’s vents and ductwork with a water-based, organic product that seals cracks and holes. By preventing air from escaping before it reaches your living spaces, you can improve the performance of your heating and cooling systems and lower your monthly bill.
Advanced duct sealing is safe and frequently used to improve building efficiency in hospitals, schools, businesses, military facilities and more.
What’s the process?
Advanced duct sealing typically takes less than one day to complete, and the process is simple:
- Schedule a preliminary appointment with a certified PSE Trade Ally who will inspect your home and HVAC equipment to determine whether advanced duct sealing is right for you.
- If you move forward, your contractor will block open vents and registers throughout your home to pressurize your heating system. Then they’ll block off internal components of your HVAC equipment for protection.
- The sealant will then be distributed throughout your home’s duct system. While monitoring the sealing process, your contractor can show you real-time results.
- Upon completion, you’ll be provided with a before-and-after analysis showing your home’s air leakage reduction.
How you qualify
- You must use a PSE Trade Ally who is Aeroseal-certified to complete the installation. You may not use an out-of-network contractor.
- The customer receives the rebate through the contractor as an instant rebate at the point of sale. PSE does not pay advanced duct sealing rebates directly to the customer.
- You must be a current PSE residential customer and use PSE electricity or PSE natural gas as the primary source of your home's space heating via the ductwork being sealed.
- You must live in a single-family home (four units or less).
- Your home’s ductwork pre-leakage must be ≥200 CFM at 50 pascals or the equivalent (≥125 CFM at 25 pascals); this pre-leakage test will be completed by your Aeroseal-certified PSE Trade Ally.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor.
Or call 1-800-562-1482.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.