Electric forced-air furnace to air-source heat pump conversion rebate
For electric customers
Receive a $1,500 rebate from PSE when you replace your electric forced-air furnace with a qualifying energy-efficient air-source heat pump.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer.
- You must use an existing electric resistance forced-air furnace as your primary source of space heating.
- You must upgrade to an air-source heat pump system that is AHRI Certified® with an 8.5 HSPF or better.
- Both Split and Mini-split technology qualify for this incentive
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment.
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s) with model numbers listed.
- If you want to apply online, you must have an online PSE account.
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation.
Air-source heat pump facts
An air-source heat pump is a high-efficiency heating and cooling system that can deliver between one-and-a-half and three times more heat energy to a home than the electrical energy it uses.
A less efficient panel of electric coils kicks in to provide additional indoor heating when outdoor temperatures fall below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's generally not a preferred system for regions with sub-freezing winter temperatures.
You should know. The installation of a heat pump or air conditioner can sometimes cause a fluctuation in the power supply when your equipment starts. This may result in a visible flicker of the lighting in your home or your neighbors' homes.
To ensure that your heat pump installation does not have a negative effect on power quality, it's important to discuss this issue with your contractor. For additional assistance, call a PSE Customer Construction Services specialist at 1-888-321-7779.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.