Ductless heat pump rebate
For electric customers
Receive either a $500 or $800 rebate, depending on your primary source of heating, from PSE when you go ductless with a qualifying ductless heat pump system.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer
- You must have an online PSE account to apply online
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s).
- If you currently use electric resistance heat, including electric zonal (baseboard, cable or wall heater), electric hydronic or electric forced-air furnace heating systems, you may qualify for an $800 rebate if you meet the following terms:
- Your new ductless system must be AHRI Certified® as a mini-split heat pump, use inverter technology, have a minimum HSPF of 9.0, and be a minimum of 1.0 ton in heating mode
- Customers with an existing heat pump and/or natural gas service, even if only used for cooking, are not eligible for this rebate
- Customers who do not qualify for this rebate may be eligible for the $500 Ductless Heat Pump (previous heat source was other than electric resistance) Rebate
- If you do not currently use electric resistance heat, you may qualify for a $500 rebate if you meet the following terms:
- Your new ductless system must be AHRI Certified® as a mini-split heat pump, use inverter technology, have a minimum HSPF of 10.0, and be a minimum of 1.0 ton in heating mode
- Customers with an existing heat pump and/or natural gas service are eligible for this rebate
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation
- This rebate is only available on new qualifying equipment
- At least one unit must be installed in the main living area of the home
These rebates apply to existing single family properties only. Single family new construction, multifamily (five or more attached units) and commercial accounts are not eligible.
For rebates for multifamily buildings, apartments or condos, click here.
If you don't qualify for this rebate, you may still qualify for PSE's air-source heat pump rebate.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, electric cars and other renewable energy options?
We're here to help.
Ductless heat pump facts
A ductless heat pump is a highly energy-efficient heating and cooling system that runs without the energy losses associated with the ductwork of a central forced-air system. As it doesn't require ducts to carry conditioned air, it is the preferred system for additions to your home, newer homes that only require a small space conditioning system or areas of your home that you wish to condition in zones.
Other benefits include:
- Ductless heat pumps use between 25 and 50 percent less energy to heat your home
- An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air, eliminating hot and cold spots
- Installation in your home is inexpensive, simple and quick, which makes for little or no disruption
- Ductless systems come standard with air conditioning, so you can get rid of window units