Strategic Energy Management
Puget Sound Energy is offering a limited opportunity to multifamily portfolios
Strategic Energy Management (SEM) provides a behavior-based approach to energy efficiency, focusing on operational improvements, facility maintenance practices, behavioral changes, and attention to energy data to make your buildings as energy- and cost-efficient as possible.
Our SEM coaches will help you understand baseline energy consumption, identify opportunities to reduce energy use, eliminate wasted energy through no- and low-cost actions and manage energy performance data to achieve lasting energy savings.
The program will apply proven commercial SEM strategies to the multifamily sector, providing PSE with important information about the feasibility of multifamily SEM at scale. We are looking for participants willing to commit to the program for 12 months. Participation is FREE and we will work with you to identify which properties may be the right fit.
Benefits of SEM
- Improved staff knowledge through free trainings and tools.
- Enhanced marketing and resident retention through promotion of energy efficiency initiatives.
- Increased resident satisfaction through improved comfort and community engagement.
- Operational cost savings from reduced energy use.
- Maintenance cost savings from optimized equipment controls and settings.
Tools to choose from
For building operations and maintenance
- Energy performance benchmarking assistance
- Access to our Energy Management Toolbox (EMT)
- Staff education and workshops
- Customizable building manager O&M manual and unit-turn checklists
- Building manager educational signage and reference sheets
- Technology-based performance tracking and reporting
- Deeper exploration and capital upgrade recommendations
For resident engagement
- Sales and marketing materials
- New resident tips and references package
- Green Operations Guide
- Customizable educational signage templates
- Energy savings campaign support
How to participate
- Sign up by calling: 425-321-5531
- Identify approximately 10 properties in your portfolio that use PSE electric service
- Attend quarterly meetings with your property, maintenance and community management team members
- Send maintenance manager to training workshop
- Work with an energy representative and help your property staff:
a. Identify optimal SEM strategies for each property
b. Participate in monthly check-ins to review progress
c. Track building performance for the 12-month pilot period
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, electric cars and other renewable energy options?
We're here to help.