Earn cash incentives when you build your new multifamily building
Invest in whole building energy efficiency with ease: Save upfront and over the life of your next new construction project with PSE incentives.
The Program features a whole building performance approach, and pays cash incentives for each unit of energy saved. The more energy you save in your project, the higher incentives you receive. Engage with us early in the design process to leverage incentives for energy efficient equipment and measures.
What you get
Early Design Assistance
Get early feedback on how to maximize PSE's inventives for your project. Via an interactive workshop led by our energy experts, discuss program offerings and resources, efficiency best practices, and develop an action plan that will reduce costs and improve your building.
Already started with your construction project? With our packaged whole building performance approach, earn incentives for energy efficient equipment across 5 categories: HVAC, Envelope, Interior Lighting, Domestic Hot Water, Appliances.
- HVAC and HVAC controls
- Domestic Hot Water
Grant applies to… Grant value Notes Whole building performance calculator Equipment and installation for 5 general categories: HVAC, Envelope, Interior Lighting, Domestic Hot Water, and Appliances Standard: $0.25/kWh or $4/therm Standard (*Affordable Housing):$0.37/kWh or $6/therm* Calculator compared to applicable WSEC code baseline or standard practice system. Bonus: $0.35/kWh or $5/therm Bonus (*Affordable Housing): $0.52/kWh or $7.50/therm* Bonus tier incentive requires installation of 5 or more measures from any of the 5 general categories Lighting power density reduction Parking garage and exterior lighting $0.175/kWh, plus an additional $0.05/kWh for installing controls in spaces not required by WSEC Baseline is WSEC Lighting Power Allowance (LPA); lighting must be at least 20% more efficienct than WSEC Custom Approach (non-lighting; e.g. condensing boilers, heat recovery, demand control ventilation, etc. ) Energy-efficient equipment that saves energy above WSEC Up to $0.35/kWh or $5/therm, subject to PSE cost-effectiveness standards Incremental to WSEC requirements or standard practice where code is not applicable Prescriptive incentives/rebates Commercial kitchen, laundry, and HVAC Standard PSE incentives available for various systems of business sites in construction Incremental to WSEC requirements or standard practice where code is not applicable
* Affordable housing is defined as an overall average occupant income of 60% Area Median Income or less, and aligns with WSHFC's Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs
How to apply
1. Contact PSE early in the design process
2. Submit design documents
3. Sign the incentive grant agreement
4. Complete construction
5. Submit equipment proof of payment
To be eligible for PSE's multifamily new construction incentives:
- You must currently be or plan to become a PSE business electric and/or natural gas customer.
- Your new property must be a multifamily or mixed-use dwelling with at least three attached units.
- Your new property must be within PSE's electric and/or natural gas service area(s).
- You must be pre-approved by PSE prior to installing any energy efficiency improvement measure(s).
- Project must be in the design or construction phase.
Electric and natural gas incentives
- You must meet the equipment and/or site requirements above for each respective energy efficiency improvement measure.
You must provide the following to PSE for each proposed custom energy efficiency improvement measure:
- Documentation that defines scope and specific action(s)
- A baseline electricity and/or natural gas energy usage measurement
- Installation cost(s)
Find out how Continental Properties worked with PSE and learn how choosing energy efficiency measures can impact your savings and your tenants comfort and satisfaction.
All other Commercial New Construction:
To be connected with an Energy Management Engineer near you, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you're interested in receiving a free PSE construction banner for your project, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New utility service
To bring new PSE electric and/or natural gas service to your site, call PSE Customer Construction Services at 1-888-321-7779.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.