Earn incentives on energy-efficient lighting
Your lighting can amount to more than 40 percent of your business's energy usage. Switching to energy-efficient lighting can yield long-term savings. No matter your business's size, PSE's Business Lighting Incentive Program has flexible options to help you affordably upgrade your lighting.
New for 2022, PSE adds Tenant Improvement lighting projects and Commercial New Construction lighting projects to the Business Lighting Application!
- Retrofit lighting projects – existing lighting is the baseline (existing lighting must be confirmed by PSE before work begins)
- Tenant Improvement lighting projects – Washington State Energy Code is baseline (drawings required showing space/area square footage)
- Commercial New Construction lighting projects – Washington State Energy Code is baseline (drawings required showing space/area square footage)
The total value of your business lighting incentive will depend on the first year energy savings of your project.
All projects require PSE Business Lighting Application review and written approval before incentive is approved.
What you get
kWh incentive is for the first year savings and is limited to 70 percent of total project cost.
Download the Quick Reference Guide for detailed program requirements.
How to apply
To be approved for a conservation incentive, all projects require PSE written approval before incentive is approved:
- Download and complete the 2022 Business Lighting Standard Application.
- or, Download and complete the 2022 Business Lighting SIMPLE Application for projects with 5 or less lighting types.
- Submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The Business Lighting Application (.XLSX)
- Print and sign the Signature page from the Application (.PDF)
- A signed and completed current taxpayer identification form (IRS form W-9 Rev 2018)
- The manufacturer specification sheets of all lighting products included in the project (.PDF’s)
After PSE reviews and approves the Application, you will be sent a Grant Agreement (a contract) which must be signed and returned to PSE within 90 days of receipt to ensure your Application and the incentive amount is approved.
Project installation may not proceed until PSE receives the signed grant agreement and returns or confirms a fully executed grant agreement.
The total value of your business lighting incentive depends on the size and scope of your project.
For smaller-scale lighting upgrades, see if PSE's Lighting To Go instant discounts can also help.
Business Lighting incentives apply to:
Fixtures, lamps and controls installed in existing interior and exterior applications. Existing lighting is the baseline for energy savings. Confirmation of the existing lighting is required before removal.
Tenant Improvement and Commercial New Construction lighting Projects
Fixtures, lamps and controls installed in tenant, commercial new construction, and projects where the existing lighting has been removed before PSE application review. Washington State Energy Code (WSEC) lighting power allowance (LPA) is the baseline for energy savings.
Application review by PSE is required to determine final incentive.
Incentives apply to equipment and installation.
If you are planning a street lighting retrofit or new street lighting installation we need to confirm if you are on a metered or unmetered account. Metered projects use the Business Lighting Application and follow the instructions above.
Unmetered accounts use a separate application. Please contact us at email@example.com before filling out the application if you are unsure if the lights are on a metered or unmetered account. All unmetered (flat rate schedule) street lights must be coordinated with PSE Pole Services.
Multifamily building retrofit*
Multifamily common area lighting projects use a different application than business lighting. If you are performing a multifamily common area lighting project, please contact the multifamily team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "Multifamily" applies to common areas of a campus or building with five or more attached dwelling units.
If you need help with your application, call an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor
Or call, 1-800-562-1482
PSE Office Space: With Luminarie Level Lighting controls, PSE increased its own energy savings by 72%.
School Districts Gymnasiums: PSE helps Snoqualmie Valley and Oak Harbor shine brighter and save more.
Commercial Customers: Northwest Chevrolet and Ace Hardware are lit up from big savings.
Athletic Clubs: Learn how local athletic clubs strengthened their bottom line with PSE’s Business Lighting program.
Central Kitsap Food Bank: See how lighting improvements helps the Central Kitsap Food Bank feed more than just the community.
West Valley: Outdoor lighting upgrade provides big savings with PSE Business Lighting incentives.