Smart thermostat rebate
Take control of your energy use and save
Manage your home's energy by purchasing a new smart thermostat at participating retail stores, including online retailers, and receive a $75 rebate on select models from PSE. Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostats work with your existing heating system to help you keep tabs on the temperature from anywhere via a mobile app. These thermostats are a great way to reduce energy use and lower your bill.
What you get
If you are eligible for this offer, you will receive:
$75 rebate value
$75 rebate value
How to qualify
- Must be a current Puget Sound Energy residential customer, with electric heat or natural gas heat provided by PSE.
- Purchase, install and connect a new qualifying smart thermostat between now and 12/31/2021 to be eligible for the rebate.
- Professionally provided and installed smart thermostats are also eligible.
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of equipment purchase date.
- Required documentation: Your PSE account number and an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt with manufacturer/brand and model number.
- The qualified smart thermostat must be registered as connected with the manufacturer.
- Must have a one-thermostat centralized home heating system using a heat pump, forced-air furnace or boiler.
- Only one rebate per PSE residential customer.
- PSE requires ENERGY STAR® certification for all smart thermostat models. To determine eligibility please check your model against the ENERGY STAR Smart Thermostat Certification, or check our list of qualified smart thermostats.
For line voltage connected thermostats:
- The qualified thermostat must be registered as connected with the manufacturer.
- Line Voltage Connected Thermostats must be electronic with a thermistor temperature sensing element.
- Must have a UA or CSA listed for use with zonal electric heater applications including one or more of the following: fan-forced, baseboard, wall or ceiling radiant.
- Have 7-day programmable scheduling.
- Utilize Wi-fi enabled (or via bridge) with remote access.
- Informed by an outdoor air temperature sensor or internet weather data
- Up to 5 rebates per PSE residential customer.
- Check our list of qualified Line Voltage Connected Thermostats.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.
Visit the PSE Marketplace to purchase a smart thermostat and receive your PSE $75 rebate instantly.
Must be a current PSE residential customer, with electric heat or natural gas heat provided by PSE to qualify for the instant rebate.