Electric hybrid heat pump water heater rebate
For PSE electric customers
Special offer: We’ve reduced the price of qualifying high efficiency electric hybrid heat pump water heaters by $500 with an instant rebate at participating Lowe's and The Home Depot stores. Please review our list of participating stores and typical retail/rebated prices.
If you buy an electric hybrid heat pump water heater at one of those stores, you’ll save $500 right at the register. There’s no need to submit an application, receipt, or proof that the product you bought is eligible.
If you purchased your heat pump water heater from a non-participating store or online or believe you did not receive a rebate, please contact an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 for more information. Please have your store receipt and/or contractor invoice ready when you call.
- Instant discounts on high-efficiency heat pump water heater technologies are now available to equipment installers and are applied at the wholesaler or distributor point-of-purchase. Be sure to ask your contractor about these discounts.
- When faced with an expedited need to replace an existing failed water heater, your contractor will have access to high efficiency technology. Tell them you want the best!
By incentivizing contractors to stock and sell high-efficiency electric hybrid heat pump water heaters, Puget Sound Energy hopes to transform the market, making high-efficiency water heaters consistently available to Washington customers.
- An electric hybrid heat pump water heater uses electricity differently — moving heat rather than generating it, so you use 2-to-3 times less energy. Less energy means more savings on your bill.
- You can select a specific water temperature, choose different operating modes depending on demand, even set it to “vacation” when you’re gone.
- They help dehumidify damp spaces, such as your garage or basement where they are typically installed.
- Electric hybrid heat pump water heaters typically come with 10-year warranties, and have an average life span of 13 years.
- Use this interactive decision tool to find out.
- Your new electric hybrid heat pump water heater should be located in a space with about 1,000 cubic ft. For example, in a basement with 7-foot ceilings, a water heater would need open floor space of roughly 10 by 14 feet around the unit.
- For the most efficient operation, the air temperature where the water heater is installed should average 40 degrees Fahrenheit or above. Garages and unfinished (unconditioned) basements are ideal for heat pump water heaters.
- Because the heat pump exhausts cool air in the area where it is located, the water heater must be installed in a location that would isolate cool air, or is ducted to the outside. Examples are in a garage or unheated/unfinished basement, attic or crawlspace.
- Electric hybrid heat pump water heaters make about as much noise as an air conditioner. Consider this when making your purchase and placement decisions.