PSE COVID-19 Response

As a provider of an essential service, we are working to ensure we are here for our customers, our community and our employees as coronavirus impacts the region.

We know some of our business and residential customers might be worried about paying their bills. Here are measurable actions we’ve taken on behalf of our customers:

  • PSE will not be disconnecting customers for non-payment during this time.
  • During Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” order, PSE will only respond to emergency and make-safe situations which require restoration of power or natural gas such as: outages, natural gas leaks/odors, and low-hanging wire. We will also be working to support the essential facilities and services as listed in Governor Inslee’s critical infrastructure throughout our community.
  • PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
  • PSE has an energy assistance portal to facilitate access to funds available to income qualified customers.
  • PSE is requiring our employees to maintain social distancing while working in the field. We encourage our customers to do the same when engaging with our employees.

PSE Covid-19 Response
 

Natural gas leaks

A natural gas leak can lead to a fire or explosion.

alert

If you suspect that you have a natural gas leak, leave the area immediately and call us at 1-888-225-5773 or dial 911

How to know

Smell

In its natural state, natural gas is odorless, tasteless and non-toxic. But because it's also flammable, we add a distinctive sulfur or "rotten egg" smell to the gas that's delivered to your home or business. If you're unfamiliar with this odor, test the "scratch and sniff" spot inside of our gas safety brochure.

Look and listen

You may also see or hear signs of a gas leak, including:

  • Bubbles rising in a puddle or other pool of liquid
  • Dust or dirt blowing from a hole in the ground
  • Dead or dying vegetation in unexpected locations
  • Hissing (small perforation) or roaring (large break) 

Natural gas versus carbon monoxide

Both natural gas and carbon monoxide (CO) are naturally odorless and potentially harmful. But unlike natural gas, CO has no added scent to help you detect exposure.

To learn more about CO, visit our Carbon Monoxide Safety section.

What to do

If you detect or even suspect that you have a natural gas leak:

  • Leave the area immediately. If you're indoors, evacuate the building.
  • Call PSE at 1-888-225-5773 or call 911, but don't use your landline phone, which may cause a spark.
  • Don't do anything else that might create a spark, including flipping any switches on or off.

We will immediately dispatch a technician to check that your area is safe, at no charge.

Brochure request

To request a gas safety brochure, complete the form below or call 1-888-225-5773.

* Required field