Revised August 27, 2018
NOTICE CONCERNING CUSTOMER INFORMATION
This notice describes how Puget Sound Energy handles your private information (such as your name, address, telephone number and other personal information), collected by virtue of the customer-utility relationship.
PSE's business practices are regulated by the state Utilities and Transportation Commission. The UTC has regulations which limit how PSE may disclose or sell your private customer information.
UTC regulations require PSE to obtain the customer's written or electronic permission before disclosing or selling any private customer information to affiliates, subsidiaries or other third parties for purposes of marketing services or products. In other words, before we provide your name, service address or other private information to any service or product provider who intends to market services or products to you, we must obtain your permission to do so first. If you choose not to give us permission, we will not provide any of your personal information to these third parties.
We may, however, insert marketing information into our billing packets. PSE also may share aggregated information, which does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted (for example, information on demographic and site usage), with third parties such as partners and advertisers, without your authorization. This information will not contain any material which could personally identify any individual person, or customer.
We respect your privacy. For more information about our privacy policies, please visit PSE.com or contact us at 1-888-225-5773.
PSE takes its responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of its customers' private consumer information seriously. Our commitment to protect private customer information is reflected in these principles, which inform PSE's practices and procedures when dealing with such information:
- Choice. We will not disclose private consumer information to third parties for marketing purposes without our customer's prior written consent.
- Confidentiality. We will maintain the confidentiality of our customers' private customer information, and use it only for PSE's business purposes. Access to private consumer information shall be limited to authorized employees, agents and contractors with a business-related need for such access.
- Security. We will use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect private consumer information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
- Compliance with Laws, Rules and Regulations. We will comply with all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations applicable to the receipt, processing and storage of private consumer information.
What Personal Information Does PSE Collect?
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you set up a utility account, apply for a job, communicate with us through social media sites, and request customer support. The types of information we may collect include your name, services requested, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, username and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Receive When You Use Our Utility Services. If you are a PSE utility services customer, our gas and electric meters collect information such as energy consumption, diagnostic and connection information, meter ID, and meter status data. In the case of solar customers, the meters collect the amount of electricity delivered back to the grid by you.
- Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Other Services. When you access or use our website or mobile application or services other than utility services, we may automatically collect some information in connection with those services too, including log and device information, location information, and information collected by cookies or other tracking technologies.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. Sometimes we also obtain information from other sources such as identity verification services and combine that with information we collect through our services.
How Does PSE Use the Information That It Collects About Me?
If you are a PSE utility customer, we use the information we collect about you to deliver and improve the utility services you have requested. And if you are not a PSE utility customer, but you use our online or other services, we use your information primarily to deliver and improve those services.
Does PSE Share My Information with Third Parties?
We do not sell information we collect about you, nor do we share information about you with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
What About Social Sharing Features?
PSE’s services online may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
How Does PSE Secure My Information?
PSE takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Does PSE Transfer My Information Abroad?
No. PSE is based in the State of Washington within the United States and we process and store information in the U.S.
What Are My Choices When It Comes to My Information?
Online Account Information
You may update or correct information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your online account, please email us at: email@example.com. (Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes and may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.)