Apply for a Green Power Solar Grant
In 2022, PSE is offering up to $750,000 in competitive funding awards to local nonprofits (501(c)(3)), public housing authorities and tribal entities in PSE’s electric service area to install new solar energy projects at their facilities. To apply, fill out the Grant Application and Grant Certification forms below.
Green Power Solar Grants are funded through PSE’s Green Power and Solar Choice programs in order to bring local, community-oriented solar projects to the community. Over the past five years, PSE has awarded nearly $3.4 million in total grant funding to 48 local solar projects.
- June 21, 2022: Grant application published
- Biweekly: FAQ document updated with new questions and answers
- Aug. 31, 2022: Questions due in writing
- Sept. 1, 2022: Applications due by 5 p.m. (PST) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2022: Notification of award
- January 2023: Funding disbursed
- September 2023: Projects completed
Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $100,000 per solar project and will fund 100 percent of the design, installation, permitting and equipment costs of new grid-connected solar photovoltaics systems only.
Grants will not fund structural or site improvements, fees for project estimates or bids, site evaluation, landscaping, future maintenance or repair, engineering expenses incurred prior to project funding, construction bond costs, and donated, in-kind or volunteer materials or labor.
For more funding information, please see the Information for Applicants document.
The project site must be located in PSE’s electric service area.
The applicant must be a non-profit (501(c)(3)), public housing authority or tribal entity serving low-income and/or Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) community members. Religiously affiliated organizations providing vital support services to the aforementioned community members are eligible.
The project site must be owned by the applicant or leased with a minimum five-year lease remaining. If the property is leased, the applicant must have approval from the site owner.
The funding request must be for $100,000 or less.
The proposed system must be a new, grid-connected solar photovoltaic system.
The total solar resource fraction must be at least 75 percent at all points in the proposed solar array.
How projects are selected
PSE will evaluate proposed projects on four areas:
- Community impact: How and to what magnitude will the project positively impact low-income and/or BIPOC community members?
- Awareness and recognition: Will the project raise awareness of community-based renewable energy?
- Project feasibility and readiness: Is the project likely to be completed as planned and provide the stated benefits over the life of the equipment?
- Budget: Is the project cost-effective and likely to be completed within budget?
Past grant recipients may still apply. However, if PSE receives a large number of applications, it may consider an award received in the previous round as an evaluation factor.
Online open houses
PSE will host two online open houses to address applicant questions.
11 a.m. – noon, Thursday, June 23, 2022 Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only) +1 323-484-5815,,128464294# United States, Los Angeles Phone Conference ID: 128 464 294#
11 a.m. – noon, Wednesday, July 6, 2022 Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only) +1 323-484-5815,,936171895# United States, Los Angeles Phone Conference ID: 936 171 895#