Empower your PSE energy data with EnergyCAP®
Puget Sound Energy (PSE) has partnered with the energy management software experts at EnergyCAP to provide PSE customers and property management professionals with a robust suite of data resources to help you manage your energy portfolio. EnergyCAP replaces two retiring PSE data resources: MyData and MyDataManager.
ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® users can use EnergyCAP to connect to their Portfolio Manager account to enable automatic data flow from PSE into Portfolio Manager.
Commercial customers can access their daily, invoice and interval data streams, as well as reporting and analytics functionality.
Learn more: Resources for PSE’s EnergyCAP
What can EnergyCAP do for you?
Connect with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for:
- City of Seattle Energy Benchmarking Ordinance compliance resources
- Washington State Clean Buildings Act [HB1257] compliance resources
Data resources for commercial customers:
- View and download daily, invoice, and interval data
- Dial in your reporting at the building, account, or meter level
- Benchmark your buildings using EnergyCAP's Cost Avoidance analysis tools
EnergyCAP is eligible for use by PSE commercial, industrial, and multifamily customers and property management partners who are authorized representatives of PSE customers.
To utilize ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager functionality, the following is required for access:
- Your preferred contact email address and your Portfolio Manager ID.
To utilize PSE customer data resources, the following is required for access:
- Customer name, address, and 12-digit account number as it appears on your bill, and your preferred contact email address.
Guidance for City of Seattle PSE customers
Need to comply with Seattle benchmarking law?
PSE customers that need to annually comply with the City of Seattle Energy Benchmarking Ordinance must sign up with EnergyCAP to have whole-building natural gas consumption data updated directly to their Portfolio Manager account. Customers located in Seattle will also need to contact Seattle City Light for an “Energy Usage Report” to obtain their electric consumption data.
PSE’s EnergyCAP will provide:
- Historical data going back at least 24 months, depending on billing history
- Provide signed release forms, if required
- Monthly ongoing updates of usage data (similar to those provided by City Light)
The monthly ongoing updates will make complying with Seattle’s ordinance faster next year, allowing you more time to track and manage your building’s energy use.
Useful links and resources
Guidance for WA Clean Buildings Act [HB1257] compliance
Washington State Clean Buildings Energy Performance Standard
The Washington State legislature enacted the Clean Buildings act [HB1257] on May 7, 2019. It requires owners of non-residential buildings over 50,000 square feet to benchmark energy consumption, meet an energy performance target, establish an energy management plan, and implement an Operations & Maintenance program. Compliance with the standard begins in 2026 and is phased in based on building size. The WA State Clean Buildings Act has a website that outlines the new building performance, O&M and benchmarking requirements. To learn more go to https://www.commerce.wa.gov/growing-the-economy/energy/buildings. For all questions regarding the Washington State Clean Buildings Act please email email@example.com.
The EnergyCAP set up for the WA State Clean Buildings Act will be the same as City of Seattle Ordinance set up, refer to the ENERGY STAR connection process.
EnergyCAP job aids
- 01 EnergyCAP Adding a Property and Address in Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- 02 EnergyCAP Aggregating Meters and Completing a Release Form
- 03 EnergyCAP Linking an Account and a Building to Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- 04 EnergyCAP Submitting to Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- EnergyCAP Training – Project playlist
ASK AN EnergyCAP ADMINISTRATOR
Have questions about EnergyCAP and how to sign up? PSE has EnergyCAP System Administrators ready to help.
Welcome to PSE’s new EnergyCAP® website
We set up online EnergyCAP training modules for some of the most common features of this software, including how to add properties and addresses, link an account and building, and aggregate meters.
If you’re an existing MyData user, but didn’t complete the Share Forward process, you can still connect your account by sending a connection request via ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®. Download the instructions below for step-by-step directions to send a connection request.