Wild Horse Megawatt Challenge
Guess when the Wild Horse Wind Facility will reach 8,000,000 megawatt hours of production to win a limited edition Vestas Lego Wind Turbine!
Go to www.facebook.com/wildhorseREC to enter.
PUGET SOUND ENERGY, INC.
“Wild Horse Megawatt Challenge” OFFICIAL RULES
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING
1. ELIGIBILITY: PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO THOSE WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, and professional advisors with access to generation data are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one (1) entry per person.
2. DISCLAIMER: Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, postage-due, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer-or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
3. PROMOTION TERM: The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM (all times Pacific Time) on March 22, 2019 and ends when the power production milestone has been passed (the "Promotion Term"). All entries must be received during this period to be eligible to win any Prize.
4. PRIZES: The winner will receive a limited edition Vestas Lego Wind Turbine set.
5. ODDS; TAXES; ETC.: Winners will be selected by random drawing from those who submit a correct answer to the trivia question, and odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibilities of the winner(s), who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at Page 2 of 3 $600 or more. All prizes will be awarded unless contestants drop out during the promotion. In this case, any unused prizes will remain the property of the Sponsor. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery or notification will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
6. HOW TO ENTER: Main Entry Method: Entry will be through comments on the Facebook post announcing the contest. One guess per person.
Alternative Entry Method: If the entrant does not have a Facebook account, they may enter via email, with their full name, address, e-mail, and mobile/cell number to email@example.com Subject: “Wild Horse Megawatt Challenge”
Additional Entries: One additional entry per person is allowed for those that attend the Earth Day Celebration on April 6th from 9am to 5pm at the Wild Horse Renewable Energy Center (25905 Vantage Highway Ellensburg, WA 98926).
For All Entry Methods: All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor.
7. PROMOTION RULES: Prize winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries. Random drawing will be held five (5) business days after Promotion Period. Winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail. To claim a prize, winners should follow instructions contained in their notification and reply immediately.
8. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights to publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory or contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. SELECTION OF PRIZES: Tickets will be purchased after winners have been contacted. PSE will make best effort to select game that customer is interested in and able to attend.
10. USE OF WINNER NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness, photograph, video and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner will be required to execute consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. AFFIDAVIT & RELEASE: As a condition of being awarded any prize, potential winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. WINNER LIST; RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after August 1, 2019 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Wild Horse Megawatt Challenge” Winner List. To obtain a copy of these rules, visit pse.com/renewablesrules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Wild Horse Megawatt Challenge” Request. Return postage not required.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE: PSE and PUGET SOUND ENERGY are trademarks of Puget Sound Energy, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2017 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
14. MISCELLANEOUS: The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "Wild Horse Lego Wind Turbine” Questions.
15. SPONSOR: Puget Sound Energy, Wild Horse Wind Facility, 25905 Vantage Highway Ellensburg, WA 98926