Earn incentives for small industrial retrofits
Our Comprehensive Small Industrial (CSI) program offers smaller industrial customers the opportunity to expand energy savings beyond a typical equipment retrofit. In addition to incentives for energy-efficient equipment upgrades, CSI offers further incentives for additional energy-saving changes. Your entire grant can cover up to 70% of eligible project costs.
What you get
Our CSI grants apply to non-lighting equipment retrofits. If you qualify for a CSI grant, you’ll receive:
- A site visit to identify additional savings opportunities (low- and no-cost operational changes) that can be bundled with your equipment upgrade to boost the potential incentive.
- An incentive for your small industrial retrofit project, including incentives for the equipment upgrade and any additional changes that yield energy savings. The total incentive can cover up to 70% of eligible project costs, which include equipment and installation. Current incentive rates are listed below.
Incentive amount is based on projected annual energy savings.
How you qualify
To be eligible for a CSI grant:
- You must currently be a PSE business electric or gas customer.
- Your business site must be considered industrial, which often (but not always) means either: the majority of its electric load is associated with processing or manufacturing; or, its subsystems maintain long run-hours, rely on industry-standard technology, and keep relatively stable control set points and loads.
- Sites whose principal use is office or retail are almost always not eligible for this program.
- Your business site must use less than 1,000,000 kWh of electricity per year and less than 50,000 therms of gas per year.
- You must be pre-approved by PSE prior to the installation of all energy-efficiency improvement measures.
How you apply
To get pre-approved, complete the custom grant application and submit to PSE at email@example.com.
Please include any additional information that would help evaluate the project. This may include a project proposal, drawings, trend data and cut sheets.
Questions? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor.
Or call, 1-800-562-1482