Pay for Performance
Bundle projects to maximize your incentives
The Pay for Performance (P4P) program helps you take a whole-building approach to managing your existing building’s energy. The program maximizes energy savings through capital projects, operational and maintenance improvements, and behavioral opportunities for occupants. After completing energy-saving upgrades, you will get paid based on building performance.
The P4P program pays incentives based on total energy saved, rather than separate incentives for individual measures. This allows for: streamlined utility approval and incentive processes; earning incentives for smaller savings opportunities; simpler measurement and verification; financial incentive streams over multiple years; access to interval data; and the potential to earn more than a traditional incentive program would offer.
What you get
- Bundle multiple capital projects into a single application, regardless of the savings potential of any individual measure.
- Track your utility cost and interval usage with PSE’s web-based software.
- Use provided templates for easy performance tracking and reporting.
- Incentives are from actual performance over a five-year period and have potential to earn more than traditional grants.
Incentives are paid out of two categories of savings: the base incentive, which is projected from the initial capital projects; and the performance incentive, which rewards savings that go above and beyond base projections.
In year one, up to 50% of the base incentive will be paid after installation of the proposed capital improvements. The remaining base incentive will be paid out over the next four years based on actual savings. Additionally, in those next four years, a performance bonus will be paid for qualified savings that exceed the projected savings from the initial capital projects.
How you qualify
To be eligible for our P4P program, the building must be served by PSE electric and/or natural gas and:
- Have an interval-ready meter.
- Have at least 50,000 square feet of conditioned space. Smaller buildings with high projected savings will be considered.
- Have a record of stable energy use.
- Plan to implement two or more capital measures, within one year, resulting in at least 15% whole-building energy savings.
- Have an available liaison between your business and PSE for quarterly reporting duties.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor.
Or call 1-800-562-1482.