Have questions about PSE's home charger program? We're here to help. Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Home charger program
Spend less time waiting, more time driving
Looking to take your electric vehicle (EV) charging to the next level? PSE’s Up & Go Electric home charger program is an easy, cost-effective way to get faster, reliable charging from the convenience of your home. Qualifying EV drivers receive a Level 2 smart charger with low-cost professional installation, plus the peace of mind that your EV will always be charged up and ready to go when you need it.
This limited-time offer includes:
- Level 2 (240 volt) smart charger for home charging
- Professional installation by a trusted PSE Service Partner
- 75% of installation costs covered by PSE (up to $2,000)
- Convenience and ease of quickly charging your EV from the comfort of home
The Up & Go Electric home charger program is a pilot designed to help us understand the impacts of EV charging. PSE will use information from this pilot to bring more programs and offers to our customers to support the growth of electric transportation in our region. The program is a five-year pilot; PSE will provide a reliable charger to eligible electric customers, and participants will be required to be enrolled for the duration of the program.
Learn more about EV charging options and the benefits of a Level 2 charger by visiting our charging webpage.
Am I eligible for the program?
PSE's Up & Go Electric home charger program is ideal for PSE electric customers who own or lease an EV and live in a residence with a dedicated parking location.
You may be eligible to participate in PSE's Up & Go Electric home charger program if you:
- Are a current PSE residential electric customer
- Are a current EV driver (owned or leased)
- Live in a single-family residence with dedicated parking (rental properties are also eligible with the owner’s authorization)
- Have Wi-Fi access near your home charging location
How do I participate in the program?
- Complete the online application. Use your PSE online account to sign in and access the application. You will need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in order to complete the application.
- Tell us more about your home to help plan the charger installation. After application review, you will receive an email with a link to a pre-installation survey. The survey asks for additional information about your residence, vehicle registration, desired charger location, Wi-Fi signal and electrical service panel.
- Review the installation cost estimate. PSE’s installation partner, Puget Sound Solar, will then send you a cost estimate proposal based on the information you provide in the survey. A final cost estimate will be reviewed with you on-site before starting the installation. You will be billed for your portion of the installation costs after completion.
- Schedule installation. Once costs are approved by you or the property owner, PSE’s installation partner, Puget Sound Solar, will contact you to schedule the installation of the charger. You will need to be present for the installation to provide access to the electrical service panel, connect your charger to the internet, and receive important information about how to use your new EV charger.
- Schedule inspection. After your charger is installed, you will be responsible for scheduling a final inspection of the electrical work with your city. PSE’s installation partner, Puget Sound Solar, will provide you with instructions when on-site.
- Start charging! Enjoy the convenience and ease of being able to quickly charge your EV from the comfort of your home.
Learn more about PSE's Up & Go Electric home charger program
Why is PSE offering this program?
We are committed to carbon reduction and helping Washington state get more EVs on the road. One way we can do that is by making it easier for customers to charge an EV at home, work and in public.
By participating in the Up & Go Electric home charger program, you are helping us understand the impacts of EV charging in order to develop programs and offers to support the growth of electric transportation in our region. Through this pilot program, we will collect and analyze usage data related to your EV charging for the 5-year duration of the program. At the end of the pilot, participants will have the option to keep the charger.
Additional program information
- The Up & Go Electric home charger program is open to a limited number of qualifying PSE electric customers who live in a single-family residence with a dedicated parking location.
- Participating customers can own or lease any type of battery electric vehicle (BEV) or plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) and plan to use the charger as their primary source of EV charging at their residence.
- Customers who choose to participate in the program will be enrolled for a minimum of five years.
- The charger will be owned and maintained by PSE for the 5-year duration of the program; at the end of the program, the customer will have the option to keep the charger.
- If a customer moves or is no longer in possession of an electric vehicle during the program, they must inform PSE, and the charger will be removed.
- The charger cannot be modified/upgraded or transferred to another customer.
- Customers may only have one installed charger for the program even if they have more than one property in PSE’s service area. The charger must be installed in a property within PSE’s electric service area.
- Customers are responsible for maintaining their internet service and a sufficient Wi-Fi signal near the location of the charger. If the Wi-Fi signal is weak, customers may be asked to install a booster device to ensure the charger stays connected to the Wi-Fi for optimum performance.
Program and installation costs
- All electricity costs associated with charging the EV will be reflected on their regular PSE bill and are the responsibility of the customer.
- During the program, PSE may offer incentives to charge at different times of day.
- PSE will cover 75 percent of all installation costs, up to $2,000, including any necessary upgrades to the electrical service panel or wiring.
- Customers are responsible for the remaining 25 percent of installation costs. Customers must pay for all installation costs above PSE’s $2,000 maximum contribution. Customers will receive a cost estimate proposal based on information and photos provided in a pre-installation survey. The cost estimate will be finalized during the on-site installation.
- After the installation is completed, customers will receive a one-time bill from PSE for their portion of the installation costs. For example:
- If the total installation costs are $1,200, PSE will pay $900, and the customer will receive a bill for the remaining 25 percent, which would be $300.
- If the total installation costs are $3,000, PSE will pay $2,000, and the customer will receive a bill for the remaining $1,000.
Additional installation information
- Installation will be performed by PSE’s installation partner, Puget Sound Solar.
- Customers will be provided a final cost estimate and full Service Agreement on-site to sign before the installation work is completed.
- If the customer is a renter, PSE may require written authorization from the property owner to install the charger and perform any upgrades related to the program.
- Customers must be present for the entire installation process.
- After the installation is complete, customers will be responsible for scheduling the final city inspection for any electrical work performed as part of the installation of the charger.
For more information or questions about the program, application and installation process, please contact an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.