Save up to $2,300 when you weatherize your home
You can lower your energy bills by preventing heat or cooling loss through unseen leaks and seams. Insulating (or weatherizing) your home is an easy, cost-effective way to save money and energy, and when you instantly save with PSE's insulation rebates, it gets even easier.
What you get
The total value of your insulation rebate depends on how much insulation the different areas of your home need to be properly weatherized. Income-eligible customers may also qualify for PSE's Weatherization Assistance program.
For site-built homes, this rebate applies to homes permitted and built before 1990.
|Insulation type||Rebate value|
|ENERGY STAR® whole house ventilation (electric only)||Up to $150/unit|
|Whole house air sealing||50 percent of the cost, up to $350|
|Prescriptive air sealing (attic and/or floor)||50 percent of the cost, up to $200*|
|Attic insulation (R-11 to R-49)||50 percent of the cost, up to $600|
|Wall insulation (R-0 to R-13)||50 percent of the cost, up to $400|
|Floor insulation (R-11 to R-30)||50 percent of the cost, up to $200|
|Prescriptive duct sealing and insulation (R-0 to R-11)||50 percent of the cost, up to $400|
|Duct sealing only**||50 percent of the cost, up to $300|
*$100 per area for a total of up to $200 for prescriptive air sealing
**Applies to homes permitted and built before 2001; cannot be combined with other duct sealing rebates
For manufactured/mobile homes, this rebate applies to homes permitted and built before 2001.
|Insulation type||Rebate value|
|ENERGY STAR whole house ventilation (electric only)||Up to $50/unit|
|Prescriptive duct sealing – single wide||$300|
|Prescriptive duct sealing – double/triple wide||$450|
|Floor insulation (R-0 to R-22)||75 percent of the cost, up to $1200|
|Attic Insulation (R0 to R22) (Built 1976 or before)||75 percent of cost up to $1200|
|Attic Insulation (R0 to R30) (Built 1977 or after)||75 percent of cost up to $1200|
How to qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric or PSE natural gas*** customer.
- You must use PSE electricity or PSE natural gas as the primary source of your home's space heating.
- You must live in a single-family property with four units or less.
- You must live in a home permitted or built prior to 1990 for site-built homes, with the exception of the duct sealing only incentive; the home must be permitted and built before 2001.
- You must live in a home permitted or built prior to 2001 for manufactured or mobile homes.
- You must use a contractor who is a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) or another authorized contractor to complete the install.
To confirm your eligibility and potential savings, you can view or download this detailed insulation rebate schedule for site-built homes and the insulation rebate schedule for manufactured or mobile homes.
***Contractor must test carbon monoxide (CO) levels and may install a free CO alarm in qualifying homes primarily heated with PSE natural gas.
How to apply
To apply for PSE's insulation rebates:
- Verify that you qualify for the program by calling an Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m..
- Request a referral to a pre-screened PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP). You will soon be contacted by an independent, certified weatherization contractor.
- Schedule an appointment for the contractor to verify your rebate eligibility and perform the work. The total value of your rebate will be included in your contractor's estimate, so there's no need to submit paperwork or wait for reimbursements.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: PSE does not guarantee any particular energy savings results by installation of the weatherization measures proposed by the independent contractor ("Authorized Contractor") authorized by PSE. PSE is providing customers ("program participant(s)") who desire certain weatherization measures with a discount off the price, when an Authorized Contractor installs such measures. Please note that PSE is not involved in evaluating the weatherization measures that may be suggested by the Authorized Contractor to a program participant.
The Authorized Contractor and its employees are not employees of PSE and PSE will not be supervising the work performed by the Authorized Contractor for program participant. As such, any issues related to the work undertaken for the program participant should be addressed directly to the Authorized Contractor because PSE shall not be responsible in any way for proper completion of the work or proper performance of any product acquired by a program participant under this weatherization program. By accepting the discount, program participants agree to these terms and assume the risk of any loss or damage(s) that they may suffer in connection with failure to achieve energy savings.
This is a tariffed service and subject to change or termination without prior notice.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient home improvement upgrade.