Build an energy team, get energy management training, earn incentives as you save
Our Industrial Strategic Energy Management (ISEM) program can help you achieve site-level energy savings goals, lower operating costs, and identify energy-saving projects through a comprehensive energy management process. It's a holistic, cohort-based program focused on organizational culture and employee engagement with an emphasis on low- and no-cost projects throughout your facility. Energy savings achieved through this process earn participants an energy incentive to cover the costs of further investing in energy management.
What you get
If you qualify for our ISEM program, you get access to the following program offerings:
- Training through five or six workshops for an energy team comprised of employees from different groups at your organization.
- An onsite energy assessment event to identify energy-saving opportunities, including engineering support from PSE.
- Energy performance tracking tools to track progress and document savings at your site.
- An organizational energy management assessment to understand where your organization is in its energy management process and where improvements can be made to sustain strategic energy management at your site.
- Incentives for verified savings over three performance years plus two milestone incentives for achieving key program milestones.
Customers participating in the ISEM program are eligible for annual incentives up to $25,000 for verified site-level savings associated with process improvements, behavioral changes, and operations and management changes implemented at the site. Incentives are provided at $0.02 per kWh or $0.32 per therm saved for each of three performance years. Participating customers are also eligible to earn two $1,000 milestone incentives at the following times: 1) When your business provides production data needed to develop a site energy model; and 2) When you complete five energy-saving actions within the first six months of your first performance year.
How you qualify
To be eligible for PSE's Industrial Strategic Energy Management (ISEM) program:
- Your business site must be within PSE's electric and/or gas service area.
- Your business site must be considered industrial, which often (but not always) means either: The majority of its electric load is associated with processing or manufacturing; or, its subsystems maintain long run-hours, rely on industry-standard technology, and keep relatively stable control setpoints and loads.
- Sites whose principal use is office or retail are almost always not eligible for this program.
- Buildings targeted in your ISEM portfolio must collectively use greater than 3,000,000 kWh or 150,000 therms (or a combination of both) annually.
- You must assign and commit existing staff members as your executive sponsor, energy champion and data lead. These people form the core energy team at the site and act as liaisons between your business and PSE. This team is responsible for completing program deliverables and tasks, communicating energy-saving initiatives to your staff, and managing your site's energy bills.
Ask a program manager
Have a question on how to apply for the Industrial Strategic Energy Management (ISEM) program?