Air-source heat pump rebate
For electric customers
Receive an $800 rebate from PSE when you upgrade to a qualifying energy-efficient air-source heat pump.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric customer
- You must have an online PSE account to apply online
- You will need an electronic image of your paid installation invoice or purchase receipt for your installed product(s).
- This rebate is only available on new, qualifying equipment
- Your rebate application must be submitted within 30 days of equipment installation
- Your heat pump system must be AHRI Certified® with a 10.0 HSPF/16 SEER rating to be eligible for a rebate of $800.
- Propane or natural gas furnaces that have been installed as auxiliary heat are not eligible for an additional rebate.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, electric cars and other renewable energy options?
We're here to help.
For additional savings, this rebate can be combined with PSE's heat pump sizing and lock-out control rebate.
When available, PSE also recommends using natural gas directly for space and water heating.
Air-source heat pump facts
An air-source heat pump is a high-efficiency heating and cooling system that can deliver between one-and-a-half and three times more heat energy to a home than the electrical energy it uses.
A less efficient panel of electric coils kicks in to provide additional indoor heating when outdoor temperatures fall below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's generally not a preferred system for regions with sub-freezing winter temperatures.
You should know. The installation of a heat pump or air conditioner can sometimes cause a fluctuation in the power supply when your equipment starts. This may result in a visible flicker of the lighting in your home or your neighbors' homes.
To ensure that your heat pump installation does not have a negative effect on power quality, it's important to discuss this issue with your contractor. For additional assistance, call a PSE Customer Construction Services specialist at 1-888-321-7779.