Instant discounts on water-saving products
Save up to $5 on water-saving products
Heating water is the second-highest use of energy in your home. By installing water-saving products, you’ll use less water and save more on your energy bill.
What you get
With PSE's water-savings offers and instant discounts, you can receive:
ShowerStart TSV (thermostatic shut-off valve)
Up to $5 off
Limit of two (2) ShowerStart TSVs per household.
Instant discounts are immediately applied, so there's no need to submit additional paperwork or wait for reimbursement.
Do I qualify?
- You must be a current PSE residential electric or natural gas customer.
- You must use electricity or natural gas from PSE as the primary source of your home's water heating.
Where to purchase
You can purchase a ShowerStart TSV from the PSE Marketplace.
Visit the PSE Marketplace to purchase a ShowerStart Thermostatic Shut-off Valve (TSV) and receive your PSE rebate instantly. ShowerStart TSV Technology works by automatically slowing the flow of water once your shower reaches the right temperature, and all you need to do to restart the flow is give the fob a simple tug. That means no more wasted hot water while you're waiting for your morning shower to heat up!
Must be a PSE residential electric or natural gas customer and must use electricity or natural gas from PSE as the primary source of your home's water heating to qualify for the instant rebate.
PSE recommends WaterSense
WaterSense is a partnership program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that assists in promoting water conservation. WaterSense labeled products meet a strict guideline of 20 percent greater water efficiency, taking into account their quality and performance.
Puget Sound Energy recommends WaterSense labeled products, such as low flow showerheads and faucets to use less water and save energy.
- Remove. If you need to use a wrench to remove the old showerhead, use a second wrench to hold the shower arm. Use a piece of cloth to protect the finish.
- Seal. Clean off any sealant, old tape or rust on the shower arm threads. Wrap thread tape two to three times around the threads of the shower arm. Press tape into the threads .
- Install. If no gasket is present inside the showerhead, stretch plumber's tape over the exposed threads on the TSV before hand tightening showerhead and ShowerStart TSV together. Hand tighten ShowerStart TSV clockwise onto the shower pipe, ending in the preferred position. Do not force orientation. Attach the pull code by slipping it over and onto the hook of the TSV toggle. Do this in a direction that results in the graphic facing the bather.
- Test. Turn on the water and check for leaks. If it leaks, carefully tighten until snug. Do not over tighten.
Have questions about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options? We're here to help.
Call us at 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact us below.
Request a PSE Recommended Energy Professional (REP) to complete your energy efficient improvement upgrade.